We are by far the best team Washington has faced all year.

Viewing 5 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Here is a crazy stat: If you look at total yards, Utah is the best offense Washington has faced all year. Only Stanford has a better defense. 

Offensive yard-wise, UCLA and Washington essentially the same. Cal has a better offense. Washington will be the best defense we have faced all year, although UCLA was very similar until we played them. 

What’s my point? We’ve faced better offensive teams than Washington and similar defensive teams. 

They haven’t faced a team anywhere near as good as we are.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Edit: If you look at yds/game, Oregon is a better offensive team with 480-ish yards/gm. We are still at 433 yds/game.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

We need Marcus and Sunia if we want to win this game, tho. Im pretty sold on that. Still think we will fight like hell though and they wont be leaving with an easy W

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

What was Marcus’ injury?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

How we match up will be interesting.  Sometimes the numbers, records, stats don’t tell the whole story.  What matchups can we exploit?

This game seems similar to the Stanford game a couple of years ago.  They rolled into town ranked I think #4 or #5.  Our D stuffed them at the end of the game.  It was triumphant.  I don’t think our D is as good as that now though.

UtahUteGuy
      Ute Fan
      @utahuteguy

If we don’t get Jimmy Chitwood back playin’ ball, we don’t stand a chance!

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

Washington definitely hasn’t played a tough schedule to this point, but they’ve done exactly what very good teams do to lesser teams: they destroy them (with the one exception being AZ on the road).

I’m sure if the roles were reversed; i.e. we had Washington’s schedule and results, and they had our schedule and results, you’d be talking about how this is the best Utah team ever and how you aren’t at all worried about Washington. Can we beat them? It is definitely possible. But we will need the stars to align and to play our most “complete” game, and we really haven’t put together a complete game this whole season.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Give me the same schedule, minus the injuries and Joe Williams coming back 100% at the start of the year and I would be even more confident Utah would roll this Husky team…

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football We are by far the best team Washington has faced all year.