We are what we are

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

We are a middle of the road to lower level PAC 12 team. This is our 8th year in the conference and we have not even made it to the Holiday Bowl let alone the Rose Bowl. In fact we haven’t  even been close. 

I don’t see this changing without a coaching change. But, as many have posted – it’s a risk to make a change. Is it a risk worth taking?

i don’t see a new athletic director making a change. So, we wlll likely just need to accept what we are and enjoy it. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

We certainly aren’t what we aren’t. 

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

We could be what we aren’t, but aren’t what we want. Or, we aren’t what we should be, but are what we chose to be.

haha

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

If the University desires a top DI-A program, a new coach must be found.
      I’m not certain that is their focus. I believe that the University desires to be a top research/innovation institution.
      Sports seems to be a tertiary or quaternary thought. (As it should be, in my opinion.)

However, if I am wrong, then Utah needs to make a big hire, put huge dollars toward luring a high-profile coach.
      Recruits, prestige, results come from such a hire. Plain and simple.

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

Bingo…completely agree. As long as the stadium sells out and the Crimson Club members keep pouring money into the program to include yearly increased fees, there is no pressure to make any changes. Ute Football is a cash cow with low to midlevel expectations for success. KW says all the right things making everybody think Utah football is lucky to have him and the barriers to success reside with everything other than his ability to take the next step.

Chris Hill was very clear the priority of building other programs moving into the P12. Overall it’s been a great plan to get the other programs competitive with P12 schools. 

Love going to Ute football games. The stadium setting is great with the MUSS. Beyond that, the facitlities are typical of a stadium that added seats to an infrastructure designed to support 25K-30K fans. All game day experiences in P12 have their pros on cons. Not including USC and UCLA (unique stadium set up), the five other P12 stadiums from a fans facility support stand point I’ve experienced are much better than Utah. Stadium renovations went beyond adding seats.

The lack of expansion of the SEZ should be a good indicator of the Universtiy’s commitment to being a top level football program.

Go Utes!

Anonymous
        Inactive

I’m not willing to accept any type of “football is fifth” nonsense if it emanates from the UTE Athletics Dept. 

I’m not willing to just lie back and enjoy it. None of us should accept the current situation. Mired in mediocrity is not our T-shirt slogan  

Whittingham has done very well building talent base and depth. He leaves a lot on the field as an in-game coach and strategist. 

Right this moment the only coaches I’d have any interest in retaining are Andersen and Shah. 

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

You’re just brimming with pride, aren’t you?

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football We are what we are