what do you want to see against weber state

Viewing 10 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Now that the Weber State game is up next, and we know quite a bit more about our team than we did this time last week, what are you hoping to see?

We now know that Johnson deserves to get any playing time that Rising doesn’t get until/unless Johnson shows that the Baylor 4th quarter performance was a fluke. I would love to see Johnson take the field for the first half or the first 3 quarters. I would love to see Rising get in there and at least hand the ball off in garbage time. If possible getting a few throws in there would be great.

If we have anyone that is banged up that isn’t Rising, I would love for them to not play. Let guys like Jackson, Reid, and O’Toole rest up and get as healthy as possible for the first Pac 12 contest. Weber will be a great chance for someone like Glover to get rolling.

I want to see health prioritized over all else. As long as we win, I don’t care if we rest all of our starters (I’m not advocating for that, but I’d be okay with it if we could still win).

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

No new injuries!

A lot of younger guys getting MEANINGFUL PT.

3 17

Caliman
      Ute Fan
      @elguapoute

I want to see Barns throw for 300+ yards 4 TDs and rush for a couple more scores, likely will take over QB1 even if CR is healthy. That dude will be playing on Monday night football fo sure.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

What the hell happened to the ignore button?

Utesenberg
      Ute Fan
      @dsolorio76

Need to keep healing up for conference play for sure, but can we also clean up the penalties!? I think we had at least 5-6 very ill-timed holding calls, most of which negated big plays.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

Several of the holding calls in that Baylor game were largely not holding at all. Engaging with someone by grabbing their jersey inside of their shoulders is NOT holding. The refs were overly sensitive that day and only 1 or 2 of them were actually holding. Another officiating crew would have called that game a lot differently. Only one of Mokofisi’s was an actual hold and the Laumea hold was not holding.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

If Cam isn’t in, Johnson needs to be. If Johnson builds a big enough lead, then let Barnes in. If Johnson gets hurt, all we have after Cam is Barnes, and if Cam gets hurt again at some point. Kiss the conference championship good bye, let alone a CFP spot.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’d like to see Johnson get a lot of action.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I would love to get Cam Rising in for 10-15 plays to get the rust off. Then Have Johnson take it from there and get confidence in his passing.

I want to see Ried get back on the field as well as O’Toole.

I want us to start quickly, get a big lead, and get some playing time for some of the younger guys.

I would love to see Kuithe play, but I know that isn’t happening. 🙁

1 1

SantaVaca
      Ute Fan
      @santavaca

I was just thinking about this and I would love to sit pretty much all of our banged up starters. Every last one of them. We need to get healthy and ready for conference play. I also want to give 100% of the reps to Nate Johnson. We live or die with him until Rising comes back. Let’s let him throw the ball around and get our receivers as many touches as possible. I would rest JJ and every other player that isn’t 100%. Let our young guys make mistakes against Weber so they aren’t making them down the road. Let Glover show what he can do so we have some depth at RB. I don’t really care what the margin of victory is if we can get most of our players healthy and ready for UCLA. Winning 55-7 does nothing for me now. I want to see what a healthy team can do, on the road, in hostile environments. The team I saw on Saturday will probably finish no better than 8-4. If Nate can keep progressing, maybe we have a shot at a conference championship if Oregon and / or USC trip up.

Just my random thoughts.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I want to see some cloud cover since I’m in the west stands and will get burned to a crisp in the sun all day.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

1. Rising play the first two series, no running or scrambling though for him.
      2. Nate to play the 2nd and 3rd quarters and get us a big lead
      3. One of our freshman QB’s and RB’s and other young guys to get some field time in the 4th quarter
      4. A long touchdown by Vele. He’s got so much potential, I’d like to see him break out.
      5. No new injuries

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

I don’t think they will play him but I want to see Rising play for a few series to shake some rust off. Since JJ and Glover seem to be rb#1 and #2 we need to see what else we got in the RB stable. Seems like we always have a potential RB stud waiting in the wings.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football what do you want to see against weber state