What does all-in or in the way mean?

Viewing 9 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

If a player says he’s leaving the team, does that qualify as “all-in”? Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but I just don’t get it.

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

really made no sense at all.
      dude is leaving.
      dude is playing bad.
      what’s the point?

Xanthis
      Ute Fan
      @xanthis

It’s a nice quote but it’s only put into practice when convenient.

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

Sales pitch .. it’s starting to catch up .. 0-5 in bowls games. Whit has lost the edge

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

I was about to make a similar post, Tony. And not only that, but doing it for a guy who’s so turnover prone. Goes against everything KW believes / preaches. What does one make of it?!

6 1

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I will not miss Barnes. Nor will I give him any credit for what happened this season. He’s not worthy.

Charlie Foxtrot
      Ute Fan
      @charliefoxtrot

I can see Whitt thinking that Barnes gives us the best chance to win, but after his first half performance, I don’t know how he could still think that? Roll tape on the Baylor game same Barnes, same issues, zero growth on decision making through the season. Your dude is in the transfer portal, let him go. Hell we could have probably scored 7 points running the wildcat all damn game.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

You missed the fine print.

All in or in the way.

*Unless you play with heart, then you can be in the way to the point that you literally drive other players to the transfer portal.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Think we would have had a better chance of winning with Johnson at QB? I sure do.

NorthernUte
        Ute Fan
        @northernute24

Johnson was never given a fair shot with an open playbook unfortunately, just a sad deal

Xanthis
          Ute Fan
          @xanthis

Amen. He never even got a week with QB1 reps. He was 6/7 against Baylor, 13/21 against Weber, 9/17 against UCLA, and 8/23 against OSU (who turned out to be pretty good). The coaches then refused to play him and instead went with the turnover machine. Whitt and Ludwig shouldn’t be anywhere near the QB room from here on out. Let go of one of the defensive coaches and bring in a QB guy.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

So get rid of a coach who’s unit is performing up to standard so that you can force another assistant to help the coach(s) who aren’t? That model is how successful businesses and programs fail.

Identify the problem, correct the problem. Letting it continue unabated while reallocating resources is going to cost more in the long run than you could ever hope to gain.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Barnes, outside of the USC game, is the definition of in the way.

I think Whitt let himself get a little to much infatuated with the grit of Barnes.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

USC defensive backs didn’t think Barnes was in the way.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What does all-in or in the way mean?