Where will Brandon Carlson go in the NBA draft?

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I admit that I do not know much about who will be in the 2024 NBA draft. But, I have to think that Carlson with his height and skills should be drafted in the mid to late first round.

What do you guys think?

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Unfortunately, I don’t even think he gets drafted. Unlike football, there are so many good basketball players for so few spots in the NBA that you could be really good in college and not even get a whiff of the pros. Also unlike football, guys like Carlson are competing against a ton of competent foreigners for those few rookie spots, a lot of which you never even really see until they show up in the NBA. Remember that Carlson declared for the draft after last season but decided to come back to Utah. No matter how it’s packaged and sold, do you really think he would have come back if he was told that he was going to be some team’s 1st RD pick? I consider that highly doubtful. More likely he got told that he’d probably be undrafted and would have to try to make some team as an undrafted Free Agent. Everything I’ve seen regarding the 2024 NBA Draft has him as a prospect in the 100s at best, which is not a good place to be.

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

But a good European player he will be !!

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

That’s his best bet. Well, that or the G-League.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

It’s “Branden” so if he can’t make the NBA he has a good shot in Germany

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

Keita has a better chance playing in the NBA considering where he is at ; 2 more years to develop, has the physique and aggressiveness, and he’s quick. Not saying he will play in the NBA, but scouts look at players like him over Braden.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

There’s always room in the NBA for unselfish players that can play defense and rebound.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Where will Brandon Carlson go in the NBA draft?