Who’s going to Baylor?

Viewing 11 reply threads

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

Utah historically sucks in early kicks.
      It’s going to be 104 degrees and sunny. Yikes!
      If you’re going, where are you sitting?
      Seems like visitors take up space in both the south and north parts of their stadium, which has a capacity of the old RES. I haven’t bought tickets, but at this point I’m just going to get anything that will be in the shade for the longest amount of time (think the upper tiers have some shading).
      Spoke with a Baylor alum in Kentucky last week. He said their crowd is a snooze-fest.
      Baylor will have to be able to rack up ground yards on Utah to win. Not sure they can do that, but 11am CST kickoff is a curse.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

I’ll be there!!

TexasRancher45
      Ute Fan
      @texasrancher45

Enjoy Texas

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

If Cam plays we win by 30. If he doesn’t we win a close one…maybe

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Anything interesting to see or do in Waco?

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Lots to do in Dallas.

alUmnUs
        Ute Fan
        @alumnus

FWIW, the Baylor alum I spoke with recommended the Olive Branch for a breakfast spot. And said don’t bother with the Chip and Joanna stuff because you can just get everything at Target. That’s about it…lol!

He didn’t seem too high on their tailgating scene. I think there’s tailgating that happens on or near the river, but I doubt it’s anything like at Washington. Which is sad, because look at it this way: for on the water tailgating and views, our roadtrip to Seattle is essentially going to be replaced by a roadtrip to Waco. Sad, sad, trombone. In fact, he said multiple times that Baylor wants to create a stadium atmosphere that rivals BYU – which will make a lot of us laugh for different reasons. I get the impression a lot of Baylor fans came away shocked from their visit to Provo. I was at that game and some Utes fans won’t want to hear this, but BYU’s stadium during that Baylor game was as loud as The Swamp was last year.

AlohaUte
          Ute Fan
          @alohaute

There’s a Mammoth historical site maybe national monument in Waco that is pretty cool and worth checking out.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

If your family watches Chip and Joanna Gaines, they have their Magnolia Cafe and a very crowded site/store downtown.
        There is a Dr Pepper museum and one for the Texas Rangers (the law enforcement unit, not baseball team).
        If you’re into cults, there’s the David Koresh compound 😉 Bottom line is D/FW area has a lot more to do if you’re making a vacation trip out of it.

utahwingman
      Ute Fan
      @utahwingman

Planning on driving from Houston and making it a day trip. Will get ticket next week. Seems like plenty on Stubhub.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I’ll be there.

Ute family
      Ute Fan
      @jeff-forsgren

We’ll (7) be there! Driving up from Houston as well.

Utes99
      Ute Fan
      @utes99

13 of us from Dallas will be there. Last night’s win makes this Baylor game all the more fun.

LVUte
      Ute Fan
      @texute

We are heading out there. Our group will be in sec 321.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Looks like I should be able to make the game now. I’ll be flying solo but will be fun anyway. It’ll be hot but fun!

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

Ill be there

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Who’s going to Baylor?