Wild Whitt

Viewing 4 reply threads

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

There’s a reason we currently have the deepest and arguably most talented wr and te room we’ve ever had. These pass catchers wouldn’t have signed (and stayed) here to just catch 2 balls a game and block. This will not be ground n pound Whitt. I know it never was with a healthy Rising but I expect even more. It’s Cam’s last go round. Whitt nearing the ride off into the sunset. New conference. And a conference not exactly known for defense. Fireworks ahead. Book it. I’m excited.

Uteanooga
      Ute Fan
      @uteanooga

Agree!

Cam was effective because he could move the ball and passing was a big part of this. Just stay healthy and the sky is the limit.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

I’m ready for gun slinger Cam! Let’s Go!!

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Has Whitt finally realized what Saban realized? You have to have a great defense. Absolutely. And you have to be able to run efficiently. 100%. BUT that does not mean you run all the time. That means you run 20-30 times a game at 5-6 yards a clip. You run at the right time and to keep the defense honest.

But the easiest way to score and put pressure on the other team is to pass the ball. Sure, when you pass one of three things can happen and two are bad. BUT IT IS SO EASY TO PASS NOW. The one good things happens way more than the two bad. And one of the two bad isn’t really that bad.

Yeah, you will throw INT’s and hurt your defense. But if you throw for 300 yards and run for 100 and score 40+…your defense will be alright.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

The QBs last year had the issue that they either we not able, talent level or willingness, to learn from Rising the year prior. There was so little progress to keep the previous offense running. Possibly, Rose gets a partial pass due to his injury. This year we have two new QBs that I believe have the talent level to mimic Rising and they both have stated a very high desire to learn from him. I think that combination along with the clear lesson about how it can go wrong last year, will create a very high level QB room intending to learn and advance in this style offense. I also expect that this will produce a very capable QB2 quicker that many would expect. Very soon the QB room will be multilevel at a high level. Likely this spills over to the WR/TE/RB rooms as they all see a different dynamic to catch a ball. The reduced focus on a power back just adds some mustard.

J Rocksville
      Ute Fan
      @jrocksville

Whitt has us all fooled. Full air-raid this year. Rising throws 40-50 times per game. Racks up 5000 yards in the air, 45 TDs, 10 picks. Borderline first round pick.

I mean, it would be the least Whitt thing that people would expect and imagine a successful air raid with a very strong defense behind it.

Pound it up the middle and throw screens in the nonconference, then go to OK State and let it rip!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.