Will Chayden Johnston be our kicker next year?

Viewing 7 reply threads

uteman12
      Ute Fan
      @uteman12

With Matt Gay graduating, will Chayden be our guy? Or will we try and bring in another kicker to compete?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I think I heard someone say he was making 70 yarders pregame 

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I’ve always felt a little bit bad for Johnston. The guy misses one single kick (a difficult 40+ yarder, if I recall), Gay gets the next opportunity, and the rest is history.

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

Yes. Our kicking game should continue to be in good hands for years to come.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

He was the starter prior to Gay so that should tell you something. I dont think the coaches feel they need to run out and find a new kicker.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Does Johnston have one more year or two?

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

two, maybe three. I am not sure what his RS status is.

32utahutes
          @32utahutes

He will be a RS sophomore next year.

Grayshirt
      Ute Fan
      @grayshirt

This is what competing for a starting position can do for pushing players for max performance.  Some players thrive on that competition, while others just transfer and look for an easier path.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

The amazing thing is I remember attending several spring scrimmages then and I remember thinking that our kickers absolutely sucked. I think Gay was one of them – can’t remember exactly. I can’t remember if Chayden was one of them (was he on a mission? – can’t remember.) Amazing the progress Gay has made. 

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Will Chayden Johnston be our kicker next year?