@rbmw263

*someone makes a counter argument*

“Be smarter than that”
      -dave McCann 
      What kind of bs is that. lol. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

He says to “be smarter” when Wilner has said all along that Utah was a part of the original 16. 

So, you have Zoob apologist with no sources outside of BYU vs a national writer with a hand in the back pocket of Larry Scott. 

It’s pathetic watching the Utah media try to spin this 7 years later. 

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

once you’ve hit a certain level in the media, you are not allowed to spew this petty B.S. on social media. Really pathetic stuff from McCann. You are a fan, clearly….but THIS IS YOUR JOB. Act like a professional. Jesus.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Especially when he is wrong, and then calls people dumb for being right when he is wrong. 

Its pathetic. 

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Funny thing is none of us care that Utah was the Pac’s 7th choice, because #1-6 were BCS teams.  The fact that we were the first G5 team on their list is just fantastic.  It’s not insulting at all to me that Utah wasn’t on the Pac’s original expansion list.  

And the best part about it is that none of that even matters now.  Seven years later and Utah has proven it belongs and is now a P5 team and will forever be known as a P5 team.  That fact is what really angers the Cougs (and McCann is a Coug).

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Utah wasn’t the seventh choice. They were always in the original PAC-16 plans because NO ONE thought A&M would go PAC-12 over SEC.

It went like this:

Colorado and Utah were #1.

Then they found out Texas might be interested. So they spoke to Texas. Texas said they would want to bring some muscle with them, which was Oklahoma, OK St, Texas Tech and A&M. A&M looked at Texas and laughed and said they were headed to the SEC. Texas was #2.

Thats 15. Who was 16? Utah.

Utah was ALWAYS in the plans.

BUT, when Texas announced, Utah was put in hold. When Texas backed out, it was back to 12.

The question was never, is Utah in or out. It was ALWAYS is Utah joining the PAC-12 or the PAC-16?

UteFanatic
          Ute Fan
          @utefanatic

Agreed.  All I’m saying is that it doesn’t matter how Utah got in, THEY GOT IN.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Doing everything he can to give Utah zero cred. Utah only got in because Pac 12 needed a 12th team and they are “close to Colorado”.  The summation of his argument

We even have a backhanded “good luck against the Trojans” tweet. All this is missing is a tweet from him claiming to be impartial and we have hit the triple multiplier

mpute
      Ute Fan
      @mparker40

KSL SUCKS! And, McCann is being a tool! Every article on KSL and Des News seems to have a negative slant toward Utah. And this is a pure rewriting of history in favor of it. He negates Utah’s sports achievements, especially in football (having broken the BCS structure twice), but also it’s stellar research program and achievements in order so he can just say we were the “last kid on the court chosen to play dodgeball” type of argument. (McFLurry also fails to mention the part that Utah was invited to join the PAC just a few months after the Max Hall “I hate Utah” debacle and its aftermath, in which Whitt’s wife was struck by a BYU fan in the melee when the fans stormed the field. And that Utah was an active participant in seeking a new home with the PAC after this incident.)  BYU always has to be the relevant team, while Utah the irrelevant, bastard child, of Utah state’s sports and history. They are wholly and unequivocally envious of Utah’s new home in the PAC-12 and they have to make digs about it at every possibility.  

(McFLurry also fails to mention the part that Utah was invited to join the PAC just a few months after the Max Hall “I hate Utah” debacle and its aftermath, in which Whitt’s wife was struck by a BYU fan in the melee when the fans stormed the field. And that Utah was an active participant in seeking a new home with the PAC after this incident.)  BYU always has to be the relevant team, while Utah the irrelevant, bastard child, of Utah state’s sports and general school history. They are wholly and unequivocally envious of Utah’s new home in the PAC-12 and they have to and do make digs about it at every possibility.  

McTool may have dropped this tweet just in time of the USC game to try to throw the fans and team off their mental preparations.  Create and cause a controversy, which he’s indeed doing here. It would be interesting to see if KSL and its minions try to do this each week going forward, especially on the big PAC-12 games. I hope the team stays focused and even more determined to win one for Utah!  

Again, McCann’s a tool and a BYU “I believe what Max Hall said was true” troll!   

mpute
        Ute Fan
        @mparker40

Sorry about the duplicate paragraph. Something is wrong with the app because when I edited the text to push some text to its own paragraph, the app left a copy of the text with the original paragraph.  But I did not copy and paste this text to create a new paragraph. I simply pressed the “Enter” key to move the text to a new paragraph.  

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

It’s obviously still painful for zoob nation that since realignment in ’11, their P5-wannabes have been treading downwards and Utah has been playing pretty good football. Their ‘big’ wins have been flukes or catching teams either rebuilding, new coach or just stink (Texas, Nebraska, Arizona) while Utah has been beating teams finishing the season ranked. The sad part of all this, 20 years from now Ute fans will still be hearing how “lucky” and “weren’t part of the original plan” from zoob homers like this jackass while their beloved tds is sitting in college football oblivion. 

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Death throes.

Give it time.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Wooo boy. It’s a salt waterfall