Would Mississippi State QB Will Rogers be a Good Portal Pick-up for the Utes?

Viewing 4 reply threads

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Damn good QB. Thrown for 94 TDs/28 INTs in his four year career at MSU against the best competition in the nation. By way of inference, Rising has thrown 46 TDs/14 INTs in his career at Utah so far. He’s more than likely want a fair shot at the starting position before making any decision.

Will Rogers QB

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

Good for us? Sure. Good for Rogers? Unless we become an air raid offense then probably not. He had a major drop off in production this year sans Mike Leach. I imagine he’d want to end up at a program that lets him sling it around. He’d be a great fit at Washington.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

He for sure needs an air raid or a sling it offense. I expect Nike U to go after him

Now, if we go after Raleek Brown from $C…

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

I don’t think we’re a good fit for him but I’ll tell who we’d be a great fit for is USC wideout/running back Raleek Brown.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

100% agree on Raleek. Let’s go NIL collective!

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Brown would be a great pickup for the Utes. His addition would make the Utah RB room easily the best in the Big XII.

22Ute22
        Ute Fan
        @utedagoat

I made a post about Raleek Brown in like week 2 lol. He would be a great pickup for us. IMO he would fill the void left by Dixon.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

If I’m Utah, I go all out for Brown at Ohio State. Kid played in Utah, parents still live here. Get him some cash and promise him a shot at starting from day 1. He still has four years of eligibility. So if he loses the job to Rising, you’d still have him as the starter for three years, ala Huntley/Rising.

uteofaman
        Ute Fan
        @uteofaman

The Brown’s live in Gilbert AZ. My son is on a team with Devin’s younger brother. I have talked to them quite a bit about it and the feeling I get from them is he will only transfer someplace he can start right away. They have traveled to any game that Devin has had a chance to play in. So location for them probably isn’t as big of a deal to see him play. If Rising doesn’t come back, maybe we would have had a shot.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I don’t get the “I want to play right away” attitude. I wonder who it has worked out for?

The Mannings, maybe the smartest football family out there, sent their kid to a place where he could sit a year and get his mind/body right.

uteofaman
            Ute Fan
            @uteofaman

I guess after two full years at Ohio State, and feeling like he was still pushing McCord for the starting job at Ohio State before Devin got injured. He is ready to be a starter somewhere. If he is going to battle for a QB Spot somewhere else or be a backup another year, might as well stay at Ohio State and try to beat out McCord next year in an offense he knows. It actually has been really interesting to talk to them about his recruitment, NIL’s, being at Ohio State, relationships with other QB’s around the country. Super great people and his little brother is a wonderful kid.

22Ute22
          Ute Fan
          @utedagoat

If he wants to start right away, he needs to transfer to a G5 team or bad P5 team. He couldn’t beat out Kyle MidCord for a starting spot, with a bunch of NFL caliber WR’s.

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

I don’t know, but having an old dead comedian on the team could be rather entertaining.

OldAsDirtUte
        Ute Fan
        @oldasdirtute

The Utes do seem to have a talent for picking up recruits with interesting names.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Would Mississippi State QB Will Rogers be a Good Portal Pick-up for the Utes?