Wow…worst crowd of the year or so I thought

Viewing 6 reply threads
      6 4

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Game starts in 15 minutes and I doubt that there’s even a thousand people in the stands. I understand that it’s a Thursday night and it’s Oregon State but come on folks… hopefully it changes in the next 30 minutes or so. And it did… actually turned into a decent crowd. Guess everyone was running late doing errands or something.

Smack
      Ute Fan
      @smack

Keita putting on a show tonight.

3 1

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Sometimes he looks like a man playing against boys. If he had a decent, consistent outside shot, he’d be gone after this season.

Staples
        Ute Fan
        @staples

Keita is worth the price of admission by himself. Guaranteed to see 2 or 3 plays every game that bring you out of your seat.

4 1

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

He can throw it down like nobody’s business. At times, he reminds me of Darryl Dawkins with his dunks. Mark my words, one of these days he’s going to bring one of those backboards crashing down.

//r00t4Utes
      Ute Fan
      @r00t4utes

Not sure how much of a factor it was, but the Jazz played at home at the exact same time. At the very least, it may have been why some were late with the extra traffic.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I live pretty far and at that time of day I can’t be bothered driving that far to watch them play.

But I also am not a fan of the direction the program is taking. It makes no sense to me why Keba Keita gets his first start at this point in the season. That is just one example. Obviously the road woes. The rotations are kind of head scratching to me.

3 2

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

The direction the program is taking? So improving and becoming a competitive team is an unappealing direction? You’d prefer them to stay in cellar and suck then?

3 5

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

That was an interesting conversation you had with yourself. I didn’t say any of that.

When it comes to spending my money and time the direction of Craig Smith is not a product I wish to invest in.

He can’t recruit and his decisions don’t make sense.
          Improved is what I see not improving.

Andy
      Ute Fan
      @phatmanandy86

My wife and I work in SLC and live in Saratoga Springs. The weeknight games are so hard for us to make because we have two dogs as well that need to be let out. So depending on schedules of our work on those days sometimes we can make them sometimes we can’t. I either always sell or give away my tickets to ensure someone will go. Sold my pair last night and they two that went had a great time.
      Winning will drive attendance, period. It always seems that the crowds get bigger from year to year based on performance and not so much as the year goes on. For example if the Utes make the tourney there will be a lot more excitement for next season. Where if we win a few, lose a few the excitement just stays stagnant throughout the season. I will say though, this team has to put together a road trip with some wins. Home games we look unbeatable, on the road we look like chickens.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Kind of a Catch 22. Potential fans stay away because we can’t get quality recruits. One take I have on that is that when Kyle is trying to entice football recruits, they can invite the player and family to a home football game where they witness the passion of the crowd which includes a packed boisterous MUSS, and the rowdy north end zone. Not sure they would even dare try to bring a hoops recruit to watch a home game in an mostly empty arena and little in the way of a student section.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

I would have brought every single recruit to the Utah vs BYU game. That crowd was off the charts. By the way, the crowd last night eventually got to a decent size…I’d say in the neighborhood of 6-7K…much better than what it was just before tip off when I could almost count the number of people in the stands.

TX_UTE
      Ute Fan
      @dleemiller

Live outside of Zion so watched it from the comfort of home. Crowd looked a little sparse, but guess better crowds will return with an improving team. Looking forward to B12 next year only b/c a few of the games will be a reasonable drive depending on how they choose to schedule games – has anyone heard about BB ’24-’25 yet?

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Wow…worst crowd of the year or so I thought