Bolles' holding, need a smart persons opinion.

Viewing 5 reply threads

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

His two holding calls seemed ticky-tacky to me. If I remember correctly, both holds happened on the line of scrimmage in the proverbial trenches. I’ve always thought that when linemen were still on the line, within about a yard and between the tackles, the refs pretty much allowed somewhat liberal use of the hands. To me, it didn’t look out of the ordinary.

HoyaUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoyaute

Refs were ticky-tack all night against the Utes and let Indiana mug players. Was pretty bad officiating.

Utes49ers
      Ute Fan
      @utes49ers

They were weak, especially compared to what the Indiana guys were getting away with. There was a couple of times that Dimick and Pita T were wrapped up so tight it looked like the O-lineman was trying to slow dance with them.

Newbomb Turk
      Ute Fan
      @newbombturk

I’m not a smart person, but I thought there was more blatant holding on Indiana’s DB’s than Bolles’ penalties.

Anonymous
        Inactive

You mean you can’t hold onto a WRs arm for 30 yards?

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

I’m not one to complain about officiating once the game is over, because good teams find a way to overcome most officiating mess-ups and we did win the game.

However, I have to say that was one of the most lopsided games I’ve ever seen in regards to officiating. Our receivers and d-line were getting absolutely mugged all night and we couldn’t buy a call. Conversely, if our secondary breathed on a receiver they got called for it. Additionally, Bolles must have slept with one of the ref’s wives given they were calling absolutely everything on him.

Anonymous
        Inactive

That unsportsmanlike call on Bolles could have been called forty times that game. Not only how the whistle blew and the wideout who caught that pass was being held by IUs DB. 

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

The worst holding I saw all year was in the Colorado game. They were hanging on our WRs arms all game.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Bolles' holding, need a smart persons opinion.