How do the Utes fare Wednesday against byu in basketball?

Viewing 6 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The zoo comes to town this Wednesday.  I haven’t been following their football and especially their basketball programs at all, because I don’t care at all about them.  Therefore I don’t know if their bball team is any good or not, or what their record is.

I think the Utes are a little sketchy in a few places and worry about other teams who get hot and light us up.  We’re missing big bodies and Delon of course on the defensive end.

What’s your take on this week’s matchup with the zoo?

FormerUteSax
      Ute Fan
      @formerutesax

I’m no help at all. Outside of this week uncoiling give a rats ass about the tds.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Our post players will eat them alive. Kaufusi will be in foul trouble all night and I would guess they will go with hack a Poetl, it won’t work. Big thing is keeping them ice cold from three. This is where the Muss will have to get rowdy.

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

Like most folks I don’t follow the Y so I don’t really know anything about their team, but I’m not gonna lie. I’m a little worried. We scraped by with the win at their place last year. It seems they didn’t lose much and brought in some new talent and we lost Delon. I have yet to see much from this team to make me believe we will be anything special without his talent. He was really spectacular and a joy to watch in almost all facets of the game (only exception being 3 pt shooting). With that said, we play the Zoobs on our home floor so I think we win a close one.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I think they lost one of their better players who was a senior last year. Don’t remember who, but probably a white kid.

AltaUte
      @altaute

They lost Haws who was by far their best scorer, but they have some good shooters this year. Rose never has the most efficient teams but can put up points by playing fast and trying to force their opponent into early shots. Miami does the same thing, but Miami has much better scorers than tds. If we can keep Fisher and Emery from getting hot from the outside we shouldn’t have too much problem with them. Colinsworth is their best player on offense and defense and he can create problems as he’s pretty good at getting to the rim and either finishing on his own or dishing an assist. If we can lock down Colinsworth and not let them get open shots from 3 we should win comfortably. They are still a bad defensive team although they have the personnel to play physical against Poeltl and not give him easy shots down low. We’ll need to get our shooters going and give Poeltl and Kuzma some easy assisted baskets.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

I had work off and watched a lot of the CBB 24 hour tip-off. They played Long Beach State in the midnight slot (lol). One advantage they will have over us is size, as they play two traditional big men. I expect they will play a lot of zone and collapse on Poeltl. Utah will be quicker and more athletic at most spots at all times tonight (again, calls for zone). They looked very beatable, though we dont look great ourselves. Its going to come down to 3 point shooting. if they are making 3’s, it will be a close game. If not, Utah by 10+

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) How do the Utes fare Wednesday against byu in basketball?