It has been quite a day…

Viewing 9 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

We are going a little stir crazy. Need a football game STAT!  Today has been quite “entertaining” with regards to the haps here and some other places.  UFN came back to life, sparking some rather heated discussions here and there.  Then there was the return and rebanning of moose.  Then lots of discussion about the site uptdates.  Some think they’re great and some think they’re happening too fast. I’ve asked for opinions and I’ve tried to implement the stuff which I think is good.  One great idea was the Pick Em game.  

There’s only ONE thing you can be if you are trying to make everyone happy:  A Holiday Inn lounge band.

I’m more of a metal dude anyway.

Some think I’m trying to make this into UFN?  I’ve glommed the UFN/CB and other board “threaded” format for the home page because there was a demand for it, and I for one got used to it myself on UFN.  Hell, I’ve been a UFN member for 11 years.  Still am. Not banned yet!  I’m not here to turn this site into UFN.  I’m here to continue to make Ute Hub it’s own, GREAT, format and a great community of Ute fans.

I happen to think a rising tide raises all ships.  The Utes and the Ute community are on the rise.  Because Ute Hub exists doesn’t have to hurt UFN or vice versa.  I know Chris, though I haven’t seen him for a long time.  I actually offered to contribute to UFN and reformat it.  That must have been 5-8 years ago.  Nothing came of it.  I didn’t press it.  No big deal.

At this point, like I’ve said many times, I’m working this place to make it better.  What happens elsewhere is certainly worth discussing as it is part of the Ute community but it will have little influence on what I do here.  Regardless of what happens with UFN I’m deep into Ute Hub and very invested in my own time, passion, and the challenge of building a great site and community.  Sounds cheesy, but that’s it. 

GO UTES

5 5

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Love the site, and really enjoy the thumbs down option. thanks Tony.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

@Tony, you are doing a fabulous job. Thank you!

SalUTEtheU
      Ute Fan
      @salutetheu

Love the website Tony. I have been at UF.N for almost 12 years, but rarely post. This has become my go to site!

bighand
      Ute Fan
      @bighand

Thanks for all of your hard work, I really enjoy the upgrades you’ve made and am really enjoying this site. Cheers!

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Thanks Tony. You’ve worked hard and it’s paying off. You’ll do just fine here regardless of what anyone else does. 

Mr.BozaksBigToe
      Ute Fan
      @mr-bozaksbigtoe

This is my new UTES home!! I have been a member of UFN since 03 and I did enjoy it for a few years until it became a place to rip each other apart. Then you had that little group of jerks that treated everyone like crap and acted like they were bigger UTE fans then everyone else. Boring…. I stopped posting there years ago. This place rocks – SLAYER – style!

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I’m more of a Priest fan but, YEAH!

Riot West
      Ute Fan
      @riotwest

@Tony @admin (still not sure which to use)

I exclusively use the recent posts option and I mix it up between iPhone and chrome on the PC. It works great for me!

Replies aren’t that noticeable but I figure it out when I really want to. Thanks again!

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

@Tony @admin (still not sure which to use)

I exclusively use the recent posts option and I mix it up between iPhone and chrome on the PC. It works great for me!

Replies aren’t that noticeable but I figure it out when I really want to. Thanks again!

Similar to twitter, accounts here have a hashtag but the name can be changed. The hashtag can’t. SO my hashtag is @admin, but my “nice public name” is Tony.

The two views I use are recent-posts and the home page. Between the two I can get the latest and greatest.

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

i just deleted my Utefans bookmark. out with the old and in with the new. thanks again. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Glad to have you here at Ute Hub!

i just deleted my Utefans bookmark. out with the old and in with the new. thanks again.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc It has been quite a day…