Just read that Chuckie K. is out 4-6 weeks…

Viewing 10 reply threads

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

I can’t remember the kid that went for his knee during the USU/UU game, and I was very embarrassed by that type of play but it’s football and I hope he finishes his career with the Aggies strong.

Utes49ers
      Ute Fan
      @utes49ers

If you look at the play in question, the Utah defensive player #19 loses his balance and is falling into Chuckie. It didn’t look malicious at all when you see the whole play.

THEeyepatch
        Ute Fan
        @theeyepatch1

I’ve seen the play and though it might not have been on purpose, he certainly didn’t try to avoid going into his knee either. And I couldn’t tell you what was going through Sunia’s mind when he was in mid-flight, just saying.

Either way, Chuckie’s out 4-6 weeks from that play. Kid has heart.

Wilson’s Mustache
          Ute Fan
          @sigmaute

How is Chuckie out 4-6 weeks from that play when he played last saturday? You don’t think the shots he took against Washington last week had anything to do with it?

oc_ute
            Ute Fan
            @ocute

that was allegedly the original injury which i believe. he hurt it worse last weekend.

as for the low hit, it didn’t look dirty to me. just an unfortunate thing that happened. what i don’t know is if chucky was still holding the ball, is the low hit still a penalty?

Wilson’s Mustache
              Ute Fan
              @sigmaute

Yeah it would still be a penalty unless the QB was ruled as a runner or the defensive player was blocked into the QB.

Utahute72
                Ute Fan
                @utahute72

Actually the Utah player was down and Chuckie’s stride into the throw carried him into the player. Probably still a penalty in today’s world, but a long way from dirty.

THEeyepatch
            Ute Fan
            @theeyepatch1

I’m sure it aggravated it even more but Chuckie’s not out 4-6 weeks if he only got hurt last week. I mean come on, he was limping the whole Utah game after that hit and he probably should have come out of the game? I can understand your loyalty to Utah but let’s not start acting like zoobs that our players can do ‘no wrong’ and it’s someone else’s fault! Just own it and move on!

Anonymous
              Inactive

That was a Football play, injuries happen. Also he limps on and off it is a mental thing.

GadValleyUte
        Ute Fan
        @maximumkungfu

The fall toward him at his legs wasn’t intentional, but the way he swung his arm was a little suspicious. That said when you watch it in slo-mo after the fact things can look bad/worse than they are. These are young dudes playing hard and competitive who have their actions replayed in Hi-def before the world. Individual actions like that deserve a little slack. If it becomes a regular thing then you start to wonder (Suh).

Hockeybeard
      Ute Fan
      @hockeybeard

Sunia tripped up at the line and ended up sliding into Chuckie’s knee. Nothing purposeful about it – just a sad result from a football play.

Can’t help but feel bad for Keeton – kid plays balls to the wall and really represents his team well.

THEeyepatch
        Ute Fan
        @theeyepatch1

He would’ve made a great Ute and I would take him as Wilson’s backup in a heartbeat!

Hockeybeard
          Ute Fan
          @hockeybeard

Unfortunately, I think we would have made him a Corner or Receiver or something…He was recruited during that age where we had not quite learned our lesson on QB depth. Now, I think we are much better at that. Would not be surprised to see incoming commits Kahi Neves and Huntley stay at QB for at least 3 years to really give them a chance to come into their own.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

Our player got tripped up at the line by their RG which kind of force him into Chuckie. I don’t think it was a dirty play.

NorthEZUte
      Ute Fan
      @northezute

Running qb’s just can’t stay healthy.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

This is the reality of football now. If a QB is required to run the ball as a running QB, the odds of them staying healthy the entire year is almost 0.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

playing last week had to have added a week or 3 on to that

Stryker
      Ute Fan
      @stryker

This play made the NCAA national training tape for football officials. The national coordinator said it was a correct call. This means every football official in the country is being told to flag similar action or risk an incorrect grade. He did mention that the first slide might not have been that bad but the second action put it over the top.

Torg
      Ute Fan
      @torg

Pretty sure Chuckie was limping during warm ups against us.

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

This kid was always a blast to watch. He has an amazing aptitude for the game and pure natural ability, and he gave Utah fits every time we played him.

My heart goes out to him. Hopefully he’ll come back and be able to finish out the season strong.

Lazerdongfacemelter
      Ute Fan
      @lazerdongfacemelter

That’s too bad. Though, it may work out for USU, keaton looked awful so far.

ThurstonW
      Ute Fan
      @thurstonw

that’s unfortunate. I have a lot of respect for that kid. He’s tough as hell, has alot of heart and never gives up. Hope he recovers and can play a few more games before he hangs ’em up.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Just read that Chuckie K. is out 4-6 weeks…