Viewing 16 reply threads

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

From day one he was biased for BYU.

Hockeybeard
      Ute Fan
      @hockeybeard

The station just got better – addition by subtraction.

Now they need to get a good analytical guy in there – not a pot-stirring hack to pander to either fan-base.

SouthJordanUte
      Ute Fan
      @southjordanute

Can we just get rid of the big kid with long hair and braces that stalks the local weather girl? His voice is like nails to a chalk board IMO.

Crimsonute
      Ute Fan
      @crimsonute

New guys come into the market, and they are told that BYU moves the meter. Which probably shocks them with Utah being the Pac 12. So talking BYU satisfies the BYU audience, and ticks off the Utah fan base. Either way, people still listen and react on social media. That is exactly what they want. If people turned off the radio, instead of reacting negatively, they would know they have to change their discussion.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

There will never be enough people to turn off the radio to get the movement you’re talking about. In all actuality, I’ve debated calling some of the businesses that certain media members have championed to explain the damage that media personality is doing to their brand, but I’ve stopped short every time. A coordinated campaign letting the advertisement owners know the negatives of that certain station would go a lot further than just turning off the radio dial.

But we’re Americans and mostly apathetic to things like this. Its going to continue until alternate solutions spark up……like a UteHub podcast….

Crimsonute
          Ute Fan
          @crimsonute

That would be a good move. Other than a the fact that because I haven’t listened to 1280 in a couple years, I don’t know who their sponsors are. That is a great thought though. Sepp Bladder wouldn’t step down from FIFA’s presidency until he got a call from Coca Cola of all people. They told him, step down or we pull our FIFA sponsorship.

drumandfeather
          Ute Fan
          @drumandfeather

Why do you need a UteHub podcast when you can just listen to the Gospel truth of University of Utah athletics that is the DrumandFeather.net podcast? http://www.drumandfeather.net/podcast/

Hockeybeard
            Ute Fan
            @hockeybeard

Touché good sir.

Tacoma Ute
            Ute Fan
            @tacomaute

I really like your podcasts. Nice work!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I haven’t listened to 1320 in probably 10 years.

JDub1942
      Ute Fan
      @jdub1942

Monty was the worst. I don’t know what the solution is to the radio problem. But it seems like of Ute fans stop listening then byu fans will gain an even stronger hold on the station since they represent an even larger portion of the audience than before.

If you have 5 listeners and 2 are Ute fans then 60 percent of your audience is made up of byu fans. If 1 Ute fan gets sick of buy pandering and stop listening then suddenly 75 percent of your audience is made up of byu fans.

Sure they lose listeners overall, but now they have to talk about what 75 percent of their audience wants top hear.

Samak
      Ute Fan
      @samak

I doubt Monty cared about Utah or BYU or any other team in the state. He thought his best shot at making it in the market was to pump BYU.

It didn’t work. Even a lot of Zoobs realized it wasn’t authentic and phony in not too long.

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

What’s a 1320?

Seriously, if it’s not national sport radio or ESPN 700, it’s not worth listening to.

Without Monty, 1320 is just a slightly less stinky turd.

NorthEZUte
      Ute Fan
      @northezute

He did?? That’s great! Hope they get someone worth listening to.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

What does a radio gig like this pay? Maybe $15k? That seems like a tedious way to make money, but every one of them hopes to one day move up the ladder and improve the craft.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

Never really liked Monty. Always thought he was a bit of a condescending jerk who didn’t really do much homework on the local teams. He just came off as a guy who didn’t really care much about being here. I felt like most of the time his criticisms and “analysis” were completely made up. And that goes for both Utah and byu.

I hope that whole show gets turned around because the other two idiots on there are dumber than he is. Please 1320, give me a reason to listen to local radio in the mornings.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Who was he?

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

1320 KFAN’s station manager and morning show host. Was largely a bully, blow-hard, and pandering imbecile who spouted off and talked over his co-hosts.

The backstory is he was brought in a bout a year ago from the San Francisco area, where he was largely abhorred and not very highly regarded. I wish I could dig it up, but a local Bay Area personality basically said “He’s your problem now SLC”.

He couldn’t leave the market soon enough for my tastes.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Wish he could take Monson, Kinehack and DJ with him.

Hockeybeard
            Ute Fan
            @hockeybeard

I think DJ wouldn’t be half bad if he was with someone other than PK…but those 2 have been together so long he may not be able to handle that. But yes, the other 2 FOR SURE need to go.

therealu
      Ute Fan
      @therealu

Thank God, he was absolutely awful. He just let words fall out of his mouth with little to no thought behind it.

Homer Crimson
      Ute Fan
      @homercrimson

I’d love to hear a show where they would analyse the PAC12 teams week to week and actually break down the conference. We’re still so provincial here.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

What, like ACTUAL sports talk that was relevant to the large market local team? Pshhh….you must be dreamin’

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

And my Friday just got even better!

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I never heard him. Now I almost wish I’d tuned in just once out of curiosity just to see how bad he was.

Ute Fan
      @nkirkham

1320 starts and ends with Gunther. LOVE me some Kyle Gunther. He consistently cracks me up.
      Monty? Won’t miss him a bit.

Viewing 16 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Monty left 1320. I`m glad.