No "Religion" posts yet… Category Necessary?

Viewing 9 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

There have yet to be any posts here in the “religion” category and quite honestly, I’m thinking of deleting this category. I’m not sure I see any “good” posts coming from here.

Thoughts?

Summit Ute
      Ute Fan
      @summitute

It will be needed eventually, but probably not for a while. I thought a thread or two would pop up about the new delight-some apostles, but everyone is still on an Oregon high. 🙂

3UteDad
        @3utedad

I’ve always found it odd for a university fan forum (especially a public university) to have a religion category. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that on any fan forum outside of Utah. I have no problem discussing religion, but only in terms of how it impacts the world, either in laws that get passed or influences it has on society in general.

We live in a unique place where it seems common to wear one’s religiosity (or lack thereof) on one’s sleeve. A fan forum is a strange place to display that. There are fans of a certain team that try to use that as a wedge into our fanbase, and a segment of our fans that seem willing to accommodate. This is the reason for some of the fragmentation of fans on various forums…some are unhappy with religious potshots taken on UF.N, and some uncomfortable the heavy religious content on Utahby5. It would be nice if this place could strike a happy medium where everyone felt welcome even if they disagree.

I’d be for not having a religion category and letting any discussion take place in a current events or world events category.

Woodutail
      Ute Fan
      @woodutail

I would say NO, i am a non practicing religious person and would hate to see the UTEHUB go south no pun intended!!

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

I prefer to talk about the Utes and not religion. The majority of the ‘ignores’ on UFN I had were of folks p**sing about Mormons all the time. I would prefer to keep it about the Utes here 🙂

Jumpmasterute
      Ute Fan
      @jumpmasterute

I prefer not to have it. I think it causes a lot of animosity among fans and distracts from what most of us come here for.

Great1Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tribute

I would love for this site to be Ute sports only. The Ute fan umbrella has got to be big enough to include all kinds of fans. If people want to talk about religion, there are plenty of other sites around for that.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Sounds like we are in agreement. I will move this topic to the general discussion section and get rid of the religion category.

Thanks for the input everyone.

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

If you delete it hopefully the posts won’t come. You run the board, you could just inform posters the board is for sports discussions not religion. I for one am all for cancelling the Holy War forever. Not having a religion category is a step in the right direction.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I think it would be helpful to have the category. I would never read it or post in it but if it keeps religion out of the other categories it would be worth it. JMHO

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

Another vote for getting rid of it. Tends to be divisive to board communities. If you do get rid of and people post anyway might be problem… Throw it zoob category? j/k

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

It’s gone.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc No "Religion" posts yet… Category Necessary?