Royal Bliss, anybody heard of them?

Viewing 10 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

I had a friend of a friend post a video of them on Facebook, the lead singer was wearing a Utah/Drum and Feather shirt.

They sang “Leaving on a Jet plane.” Decent
      So I went to their facebook page and am listening to “Folsom Prison” right now, and it ROCKS!!!!!!

They were in Illinois, looking at their tour dates they appear to do a lot of shows in Price, Grand Junction, Park City, Pocatello, and Rock Springs.

Listening to a couple other songs, and I LIKE THEM!!!!!! Acoustic, but RAW!!!!!!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yes they are a long time local band in SLC.  I used to own a recording studio and they recorded an album there.  Long time ago in a different world.

aquasaurious
      Ute Fan
      @aquasaurious

They’ve kicked around the local SLC scene for 10+ years and then finally got a break and got signed to a label, right about the time record labels really started dying. Their big break was when their independently recorded song “Angels and Devils”(?) started getting airplay around the nation without A&R support. They got signed to a major, I can’t recall which one, but the label put their debut album in limbo for quite a while and then kicked it down to a minor label. I think they recorded five or six albums as an independent before that.

The guitar player is/was an owner/managment at “Liquid Joe’s”, and they also have a stake in newer club “The Royal”.

I saw them open for Stone Temple Pilots a few years back. I think they’re fairly limited as musicians and songwriters, but they put on a great show. STP was boring by comparison.

AZswayze
      Ute Fan
      @AZswayze

Speaking of Park City, I saw them play at Ciseros (not sure if that’s still the name) 15+ years ago. They’re hit and miss, but have some great stuff. A couple of my favorites:

Here they come

All in my head

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Good guys, for the most part. Loyal following.

I’ve shared the stage with them three times over the years, I think, with the first one being back in 2007-8 or thereabouts. We were opening for them for an outdoor festival type gig in the Tooele area. Their bassist actually FORGOT his bass, and had to borrow mine to play the gig. (Said bassist has since been relieved of his duties and replaced by a real, um, proud individual.)

I have held numerous events at the Royal, and even played there every Saturday for the better part of a year with a pop cover project. One night Royal Bliss actually opened for us – but that was more about scheduling and their desire to get to party after playing for once.

Lead singer and guitarist are the two who have equity in the Royal. Nice guys, though the guitarist can be…judgmental at times… he doesn’t enjoy my DJ gigs there for some reason. 🙂 They opened it in partnership with the former owner of Liquid Joes – that’s the connection.

Torg
      Ute Fan
      @torg

Yeah, they’re pretty good. One of my friends actually directed a few music videos for them.

He wanted me to be an extra but I was way too busy at the time. I would have been wearing a gas mask so it wouldnt be like anyone would recognize me.

aquasaurious
      Ute Fan
      @aquasaurious

Lefty, what bands have you been in?

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

Mean Phoenix, Rune, Jagertown, Velcro Strip, Solid Gold, Party Rockers, Pop Jockeys, Dirty Old Men (current)…

Those are the bands in Utah. I might have missed one or two.

EDIT: Here’s the link to my current band’s FB page… I’m the ugly bald guy
        https://www.facebook.com/dirtyoldmenslc/

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

Would I know you from the music scene?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

the guitarist can be…judgmental at times…

No. Never. Guitar players are never like that.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Would I know you from the music scene?

Who me?

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

I was talkin’ to aquasaurious… I know, it’s hard to tell from the indent… 😀

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’m working on that LOL

aquasaurious
      Ute Fan
      @aquasaurious

I was the bass player in a band with Steve Hatch for a while on two separate occasions. He always changes the names of his band but while I was in we were called Wayside, Old Motor, Cassini Division and some others I forgot. His current duo is Black Winged Birds.

Twenty years ago I was in The Opposable Thumb.

Right now I am not playing with anyone. Been jamming a bit with the old Opposable guys, but not really any big plans with that.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

@aquasaurious you may have recorded with Steve Hatch in my old studio then, Fast Forward Recording.

aquasaurious
          Ute Fan
          @aquasaurious

I don’t remember going to a studio by that name. We recorded at Boho Digitalia with Bruce a couple of times, once at Spirit West, and once with TOBY at SIS.

He’s had different bass players over the years. One dude named Nate had a seven string bass and he played all this Victor Wooten stuff. There was another guy named Tim who preferred to go by Django who I thought was a very tasteful player.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Royal Bliss, anybody heard of them?