So is Stanford now for real? I love conference play.

Viewing 11 reply threads

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

I know our team has some kinks to work out but I’m not terribly worried about it yet. Let’s face it, the focus for non-conference games is nowhere near what it is for in conference. Just look at Stanford. That was not the team that got destroyed by Northwestern.

Every game going forward is now a playoff game. I’m excited to see what our team does in Oregon.

Esoterik
      Ute Fan
      @scoby

Still not sold on Stanford. They looked very vulnerable against NW. Impressive win against SC though – especially with Hogan playing injured.

I have more questions about SC now.

Ute75
        Ute Fan
        @ute75

I’d love to be playing the Tree this week. It would be three in a row.

TorontoUte
      Ute Fan
      @torontoute

I like our chances against Oregon, EWU put 40 something points up against them right? So their defense is suspect, while our offense is suspect… If our secondary can shore somethings up, we have a chance.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

My gut feeling is that they are not contenders and will be fighting to keep Cal from overtaking them for 2nd in the North. That was a very impressive performance yesterday though.

Jumpmasterute
        Ute Fan
        @jumpmasterute

Stanford is better than Cal whether at home or on the road. But that’s just an Opinion.

Tacoma Ute
          Ute Fan
          @tacomaute

I agree. I still think there’s a big gap between Oregon and the rest of the north though. One awful pass that got away from Adams kept them from beating MSU on the road.

1Colonial
      @1colonial

All I know is that it gives U$C a loss in the South. C’mon Utes, take advantage of these things!

Hope Travis is healthy…

Jumpmasterute
        Ute Fan
        @jumpmasterute

I like the way you think.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

This is sooo important. Any loss that ASU, UA, UCLA, or USC take helps us on our way to a PAC12 South Division Champion title. We need to take care of business against Oregon and we’ll be in a great spot for the south race.

At this point, everyone has their warts, but I can’t help but think other teams seem to have bigger ones.

UtahMan12
      Ute Fan
      @utahman12

Since we don’t play Stanford this year was it better USC lost yesterday? I know it doesn’t matter about the south race but it sure makes USC seem winnable.

Utahman04
        Ute Fan
        @utahman04

The USC loss does matter in the South race, because as I understand it, the the winner of the South is determined by each teams overall Pac12 record not the division record. The division record is only important for tie breaker purposes.

Utemachine
      Ute Fan
      @utemachine

An Angel gets its wings everytime USC loses.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Personally that USC loss stinks of Sarkisian…It is just another nail in Haden’s and Sarkisians coffin.

Anonymous
      Inactive

nm

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Some teams just match up better.

Feelinpogi
        Ute Fan
        @feelinpogi

In that case it is good news for us because we match up very similar to the Cardinal.

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

Stanford has always played tough against USC, so it’s still hard to tell what kind of team they will be this year.

Seeing what they did to SC makes me feel better about our chances against the Trojans as we play a similar style as the Cardinal.

As always in this conference, we won’t know anything until next week. =)

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Stanford was always for real. Northwestern looking better and better.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So is Stanford now for real? I love conference play.