2019 Recruiting

Viewing 3 reply threads

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

How many scholarships do we have for this recruiting cycle? I’ve heard that we have a lot of mission guys coming back so we won’t have as many commits this year?

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

I’d expect a few current commits to drop, and Utah fill roster holes with some much needed experienced transfers. QB, DB’s, LB, DL.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Agree, the portal works in favor of schools like Utah who aren’t going to sign the top 4-5 star recruits. I would like to think Utah will get there some day on offense. Hopefully with Ludwig and the success of Moss and Huntley, Utes will land some higher level OL, WRs and a QB or two. The QB position is wide-open for recruiting at this point. Is Rising practicing with the team? Not much talk about Rising as Utah’s future QB? More to come out after the season ends.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

There hasn’t been much talk about Rising because he wasn’t expected to be deemed “eligible” by the NCAA (via transfer rules).  It took the NCAA some time, but they’d finally ruled that he’d have to sit out the 2019 season.  That said, he HAD been practicing with the team — on the Scout team.  It’s said that he has an elite arm, and better-than-expected mobility.  He’ll be eligible in 2020 (Jr) and 2021 (Sr), and I fully expect him to start next year.

TheJuggernaut
          Ute Fan
          @thejuggernaut

I thought Rising was three to play three starting in 2020.

PhiladelphiaUte
            Ute Fan
            @philadelphiaute

You’re correct.  He’d used his “redshirt” season at Texas back in ’18, and is thus sitting out his Freshman year this year due to the NCAA’s transfer rules.  That means that he’ll be a Sophomore in 2020, a Junior in 2021, and a Senior in 2022.

And I fully expect him to start next year.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

He’ll be a redshirt sophomore next year. He has three to play three.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Live shot of Pace Manyung first seeing the title of this thread:

https://media.giphy.com/media/b6iVj3IM54Abm/giphy.gif

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Image result for trainwreck photos

Kwhitts 2020 recruiting class

2 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I don’t understand recruiting. So many athletes don’t see Utah as a program that can turn them into something greater than what they are. Other than wide receiver talent I don’t know why more kids don’t break down the doors to get in under Utah.
        Now wideouts I can understand why they don’t want to come here.

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

Utah isn’t cool. Utah as a state is weird,Whitt and Whitt isn’t a great recruiter. He had Penei Sewell all but signed, Whitt just needed to sign his brother the year prior. Guess who they didn’t recruit, and now has transferred to Utah…

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 2019 Recruiting