3 calls that didn’t go our way

Viewing 5 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

There were three bad calls/no calls that did not favor us (outside the questionable holding calls).

1. The worst was on the fumble return that was overturned – a Baylor coach ran onto the field during the return which had an effect on the return. Regardless if the call was overturned, there should have been a 15-yard penalty on the Baylor bench. By the way, I don’t think the call should have been overturned.

2. I think when Pittman got hit on the punt return – it should have been targeting. There was definite helmet-to-helmet contact.

3. I think that Baylor missed the first FG. I think the replay showed that it was not good.

I am not really concerned, because calls will be missed. But, many are complaining about a potentially missed PI against us. So, I wanted to point out some bad calls/no calls. The worst is when a Baylor coach ran onto the field. But, we won and I am happy.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

2. I think when Pittman got hit on the punt return – it should have been targeting. There was definite helmet-to-helmet contact.

I mentioned that on the chat and wondered why it wasn’t reviewed. As you said, there was helmet-to-helmet contact.

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

it was reviewed

it wasn’t reviewed

ravensute
      Ute Fan
      @ravensute

On the Pittman hit, the way the rule is written now it’s only targeting if it’s crown of the helmet OR a non-crown blow to head of a “defenseless” player. It definitely wasn’t crown of the helmet. He did seem pretty defenseless to me, but it’s a judgement call I guess.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

If Pittman had possession long enough to become a ‘runner’ (not defenseless) then the Baylor WR had possession enough to fumble.

MFury
          Ute Fan
          @mfury

^^this

Between that and the ticky tacky holding calls, I was pretty frustrated.

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

with the new rules, that is not targeting.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

There were some bad camera angles on that broadcast but I also thought Baylor missed that first field goal. And the replay didn’t change my opinion. Have to trust the ref under the post but it didn’t look anywhere close on TV

alexsmith
      Ute Fan
      @alexsmith

I agree on the first field goal. I thought I may be the only one to think it was no good, glad to know others think the same

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 3 calls that didn’t go our way