60 in 60 – Now the season is over

Viewing 1 reply thread

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Of the top ten list of players in Utah, only four would probably make the final top ten due to injury and/or poor play.  The four who would still be on the list are: Cam Rising, Jaron Hall, Clark Phillips, and Blake Freeland.  Phillips would have to be my number one.  He was picked third behind Rising and Hall.  Freeland got some AA mentions and would certainly remain on the list.

The ones picked in the top ten that would likely not make the final cut include: Tavion Thomas, Logan Bonner, Puka Nacua (didn’t play in half the games), Kuithie, Fillinger, and Barrington.

The ones who would now be in the top ten from Utah IMO would include Kincaid (12th), Daniels (13th), Pepa (unrated), and Bishop (15th).

Some other Utah players who were not included in the 60in60 list that played key roles this year for the Utes include Ellis, Jackson, Parks, Herbert, Vaki, Barton, and Yassmin.

BYU had a bunch of wide receivers who stepped up and had very good seasons.  But, most had injuries along the way.

All of this shows that no one could predict how this season would turn out.

EmersonUte
      Ute Fan
      @blpace

Love this post.  The Simote Pepa jump is pretty big.  Seems like we have someone like that every year that unexpectedly comes out of nowhere and makes a big impact.

Pepa seems like he’s going to make life tough on opposing O-lineman for the next couple years.

MauchDawgUte
        Ute Fan
        @mauchdawgute

I feel like we heard his name called so many times during the games this year. I’m stoked to see how much more he progresses.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 60 in 60 – Now the season is over