AAF Problems

Viewing 4 reply threads
      1 1

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

First of all, the name of the league. AAF? Doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue.

Second, the team names, logos, and uniforms all remind me of the fake teams you would see in a football movie like Any Given Sunday. So ugly and lame.

Third is the weird rules. Is this American football or a mutated pro-bowl version of it?

Fourth, and most important, is the talent level. A bunch of fringe NFL guys playing with a bunch of washed up NFL guys doesn’t seem like a recipe for great football.

Maybe the XFL 2.0 will be better, but I doubt it. I’ll just stick with NCAA and NFL.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I agree with most of what you are saying. But it is football so why not watch it?  Doesn’t interfere with anything else. What you watching the Grammys instead?

BoxerUte
        Ute Fan
        @erichagen

Wolford looks good. 

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Oregon vs Stanford, actually.

And besides those reasons I already listed, another reason I won’t be watching is because the off-season is part of what makes football in the fall so incredible. There is such a long break without it, I can’t wait for it to return and I want to relish every moment of it when it finally gets here. Without that break, I’d probably get burned out on it after a year or two and only have a passing interest. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

The premise that these guys are auditioning for NFL rosters is also a boring storyline. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I agree on the name and the logos. They are contrived and look like they’re all created by the same designer in Adobe Illustrator.

I was just having football withdrawals so I’m cool with having a home team to watch. Too bad they appear to not be good. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Defense is really hard for the Stallions. Wide open guys everywhere. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

AAF out did the NBA seems like. Whiney millionaires play basketball just isn’t appealing. I watch the Jazz and that’s bout it for NBA I can stand. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football AAF Problems