After week two – where are we?

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I think the ranking is about right and as of this moment – I think BYU deserves its ranking.  They are playing hardnose football.

As for our Utes, we have some work to do.  However, I think we are further along than we were last year going into the SDSU game.

I think our offense is fine.  I know everyone including me would like to see the WRs more involved.  But, we are loaded at RB and tight end.  So, Ludwig is doing what he knows will work.  I would like to see us open things up a bit more, but I will take what we saw at the end of last year and so far this season.

Our defensive front 7 looked bad against Florida.  There is no other way to spin it.  Nothing was learned from yesterday’s blowout.  We will learn a little more this Saturday.  The front 7 is inexperienced,  I am hoping that as the season goes along we will see significant improvement as we did last season.  I hope the offense can carry us until the defense arrives.

So, I think that we are capable of beating each team on our schedule.  However, there are some games that worry me, i.e., USC, UCLA, and possibly WSU.  There are no give-mes except for possibly Colorado.  Look at what happened yesterday in college football.  On any given Saturday – crazy things will happen.  There is no way that Notre Dame and TAMU should lose to teams like Marshall and App State when you consider the talent, money, and resources.  But, it happens virtually every week.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Seems fair to me. I don’t think we are top 10

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

You forgot to include Georgia Southern beating NU, resulting in Frost’s firing.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Vote in the new poll. Similar topic. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football After week two – where are we?