An Updated Look: Utah’s running back room

Viewing 4 reply threads

ryynoo
      Ute Fan
      @ryynoo

247 Assessment of our running back room for next year. We have a higher overall rating than the two previous years, but as the article points out, no bruiser type back. Chris Curry is not listed so I either missed an announcement or they are assuming he isn’t back. Maybe out of eligibility?

An Updated Look: Utah’s running back room

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

I believe he’s out of eligibility.

2 1

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Yeah… our short yardage running is S.O.L. if Glover is our bruiser. We need a guy that weighs north of 220 lbs.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Not necessarily. With the addition of Anthony Woods, Utah may have gotten another John White who rushed for over 1000 yards in both seasons at Utah. Woods is very similar in terms of his size and running style.

If so, I believe we’re in great shape at RB with the stable of backs we already have plus another potential Wolfman.

John White stats

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

Woods is great, but can he get 2 yards consistently on 3rd or 4th and 1? I don’t know about that. We NEED a big body that doesn’t go down like a sack of potatoes the second there is contact (Glover).

Rick
            Ute Fan
            @rickyrules

Learn how to do the tush push and then you don’t need a short yardage back. Plus I think Woods is going to eliminate a lot of that need. If Glover of the second half of the season shows up and is bigger/faster/stronger through off season workouts then we will be just fine at RB depth because we all know what Bernard brings to the table.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

I prefer 3 down backs. A multi dimensional RB that keeps defenses guessing when on the field. A capable between tackles runner that can take a run to the next level rather than 4 yards and a pile of dust. We have this in Bernard, Woods etc.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Utah every year: We lost our best RB ever!

Utah every fall: We now have our best RB ever!

I think we will be ok. We may not have a RB better than Moss or Jackson, but they will be damn good because they always are.

homer
        Ute Fan
        @homer

FWIW, Laython Biddle, 2023 leading high school rusher in FL, 2023 yards, committed to Utah tonight. 5’9″, 200 lbs.

IDK how meaningful this early commitment is. Even when kids sign you never know now.

ryynoo
          Ute Fan
          @ryynoo

Which class is he? 2025?

Yergensen
          Ute Fan
          @yergensen

Class of 24 PWO.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football An Updated Look: Utah’s running back room