Another random post… this time about women’s BB

Viewing 2 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

While I was searching to find the weight of a particular player, I read up on the bios of all the players. Our WBB coach is doing a very good job recruiting. We have 1 5 star player, and several very highly regarded 4 star players that all were the best players in their respective areas. We have a few players who were at one time at least considered to be legit WNBA prospects. I’m not sure how that is the case, because the team doesn’t seem to perform very well. Maybe it is because, as another poster indicated in an earlier post, the competition is just too much for our team to overcome.

Oh well, that’s about as far as my interest in WBB goes. Tried watching olympic WBB and it was seriously awful to behold. The american players were not bad, but the players on the other team, I think it was australia (this may have been the world championships, I don’t know) barely knew how to dribble a basketball. If any of their bigger players got the ball in transition they immediately picked up their dribble. I had flashbacks to my Jr. Jazz days in 5th grade. I also saw multiple airballs from both teams, and this was me casually glancing at the TV for a few seconds every now and again while eating lunch a few months back. NEVER AGAIN!

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

Kemery is the real deal. We’ve lost touch with their family so not sure what the relationship with the coaches has been. But surprised she hasn’t gotten more time. She’s a fantastic player. All their kids are awesome people. 

Chilly
        Ute Fan
        @chilly

Kemery was the team’s second leading scorer last year and definitely improved quite a bit from her true freshman year. Recently, she was one of our two player representatives at the PAC-12 media day. I don’t know her personally but she always seems to be smiling.

Chilly
      Ute Fan
      @chilly

In women’s basketball, the US is at least as dominant internationally as the US men have ever been. If you watch a US vs. a small third world country, you’re likely to see a 80-100 point victory and it’s not very fun to watch.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Women) Another random post… this time about women’s BB