Any chance Ludwig retires at the end of the season?

Viewing 11 reply threads
      3 17

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Worst 2nd half of play calling I’ve ever seen.
      He made zero adjustments to the Washington pressure.

Just the same formations and the same calls.

The run play on the safety was an absolute abomination. Everyone and their dog could see Washington was going to blitz and he calls the same off tackle play that gets blown up.

How bout a screen or a hot receiver to the space vacated by the blitzing LBs.

Then I think even a new OC would probably just be told by Whit 3 yards in a cloud of dust please. That’s what we do.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

He wasn’t on the offensive line blocking on the safety…

RustyShackleford
        Ute Fan
        @shakyute13

That play would have never worked even with Fano picking up his guy. Should have rolled BB

18 1

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Lol… Ludwig has done a great job getting us this far with half an offense.

I don’t know why anyone is complaining. We have one of the best coaching staffs in college football. Whitt is a top tier HC. Ludwig and Scalley are both highly regarded coordinators that have somehow remained loyal to Whitt. Ellis, Swan, Shah and Harding are all great too. Freddy Jr. Is solid as well.

We barely lost to a better team at their place. Take some midol and stfu already.

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

Take some midol

I thought you were in school still, this is a very 90s thing to say lmao

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

BB was under duress for much of the 2nd half.

2 2

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

can’t do much when you don’t have much

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Ludwig has been amazing this year. We scored 7 vs OSU compared to today.

QB3, RB1 and 2 hurt, TE 1 and 2 out.

Ludwig deserves a raise.

stonguse
      Ute Fan
      @stonguse

The assumption that you’re making is that if he retires, things will get better with his replacement. I think that’s incorrect. Ludwig has been the most consistent OC we’ve had since Kyle took over. Chances are he gets replaced with someone worse if he leaves.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

^^^ 100% this.

Were Ludwig to leave, Whitt would just find the next closest thing to Ludwig he could. He’s running exactly the type of offense Whitt wants him to, and doing it better than the 294 OC’s Whitt went through between 2009 and 2018.

I’d much rather pair a scheme like UW ran today with Utah’s defense but I don’t get a vote.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

I will add, all of our best years, since Urban Meyer, have come with Andy Ludwig as OC: Sugar Bowl and two PAC 12 championships. With a healthy team this year, we could have been looking at another stellar year.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Let me get this straight: We have 3 losses (all to teams currently in the top 12 of the CFP), a couple of really good wins, all while having a literal PIG FARMER at QB…and we want to get rid of our offensive coordinator?

Someone make it make sense.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

My main complaint is the snap not being adjusted.

Considering what Ludwig has done combined with injuries he deserves a pay raise. This wasn’t a bad loss. You got our coached and out officiated.

DrahtUte
        Ute Fan
        @drahtute

I really hope Whitt talks about this in his press conference Monday. For the life of me, I can’t understand why there was no adjustment.

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

Washington saw the issue at left tackle and threw everything at it in the 2nd half. BB had less than a second most plays before someone was in his face. Tough to play around that.

prestitute
      Ute Fan
      @prestitute

The game was called well. We were done in by drops, UW playing well, and that hit BB took. No coincidence that we threw the pick after that hit and was much more ginger with his runs.

RustyShackleford
        Ute Fan
        @shakyute13

Should have kept NJ in during that whole drive. Barnes was not ready to come right back in

NorthernUte
          Ute Fan
          @northernute24

Exactly my thought. When I saw them run him back in, I had a feeling that no good was going to come from it. Still proud of our guys today though! All around entertaining game and I hope we beat UoA

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

If he secretly retired and somebody that played a lot of madden wore a convincing Ludwig costume I’m not sure we’d notice a huge difference. An OC under Whitt is an OC under Whitt. We know what we’re getting, and on the embarrassingly long conga line of OCs that eventually look exactly the same under Whitt I’d rank him easily at the top.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Any chance Ludwig retires at the end of the season?