Avoid wayfair

Viewing 3 reply threads
      1 8

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

PSA- Child trafficking being linked to items listed for sale on Wayfair… 

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

$10,000 for a crappy pillow, seem legit

4 3

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Good lord, that is some Pizzagate level nonsense.

4 2

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Tried posting this last night, but this site apparently doesn’t like my iPad.  No, Wayfair is not trafficking children.

Or it’s simply algorithms gone haywire.

There are a lot of reasons.  From algorithms screwing up, to intentional price fixing to push people to other vendors.  People will have like 4 shops on something like wayfair or amazon, they’ll all sell the same product, but 3 of the products are way over priced so people will go to the one not crazily priced.

People will do it to jack up the prices of their competitors who use algorithms to set prices.

Some shops don’t want to set to out of stock because then their shop is listed lower than others in the future so they’ll jack up the price so they stay in the listings, and if someone actually buys it, well shiat, shouldn’t be too hard to source one when somebody just paid 4+ times the going rate.

Sometimes it will happen if stock somehow goes negative, algorithm thinks it’s a super rare item and needs to inflate price to match demand.

There are a lot of reasons for it, but they mostly revolve around algorithms going haywire or people intentionally pricing things to make competitors algorithms go haywire.

Regardless, here’s why we worry when this sort of thing gets traction.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I have a couple of iPads. LMK how to reproduce your problem and I’ll try it.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Pricing fluxuation and a bug sure. That doesn’t explain the names though…

1 3

SkinyUte
          Ute Fan
          @skinyute

Look, if you’re the type to believe such things, then there’s not a single thing that I or anyone else could say here that would dissuade you. So by all means, continue to believe that Wayfair is running a child trafficking ring if that somehow makes you feel better.

That’s the convenient thing about the current broad and vast conspiracy theory. There’s room for literally anything.

1 1

ABC123
        Ute Fan
        @canuhearme

Yeah! What skinny says.

Also, Epstein wasn’t a peodphile. He just had a taste for 18 year old girls that look 15. There’s nothing sadistic about the child “art” found in Podesta’s home and the emails he sent really weren’t pedophile code words designated by the fbi, he really did better playing dominoes on cheese than on pasta.

2 2

RustyShackleford
        Ute Fan
        @shakyute13

I’m not saying they are trafficking but asking the company and them saying no is hardly proof that they aren’t…

SkinyUte
          Ute Fan
          @skinyute

I’m not saying they are trafficking but asking the company and them saying no is hardly proof that they aren’t…

“Wayfair, we have a theory that you’re trafficking children based on prices and product descriptions on your website.  How do you respond?”

“WTF?  We’re not trafficking children.”

“Nope that’s good enough.  Even though we don’t actually have any actual evidence that it IS happening, you’ll have to (somehow) provide us with proof that you’re NOT trafficking children or else we’ll keep accusing you of it.

See how stupid that sounds?

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Avoid wayfair