Beat VCU!

Viewing 5 reply threads

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Hope there’s a great crowd tonight and the Utes advance to the NIT Final Four!

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

But they’re so loong and athletic. I’m worried about this one. Going to head up with my daughter, 13 year old. She’s the driving force to get to the game.

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

They play D, but won’t be the first we beat.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Utah already beat Wazzu, Oregon, and Colorado at the Huntsman. They also would have beaten Arizona if they would have hit just half of their free throws. Yeah, VCU is a good team but Utah has already beaten teams that are better than them at home. You also have to take the constant travel and altitude as negative factors for VCU. I’m not saying it’s going to be easy, but I fully expect a Utah victory tonight.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I got to the Huntsman before the doors opened and there was already a medium size line of people waiting to get in. I think that it’ll be a good crowd tonight. As I bought my ticket just after the victory versus Iowa, I noticed that there weren’t as many tickets available.

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

Sunday games up there in SLC are never going to be a good draw….I too expect a better turnout today.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Decent showing by Ute fans tonight. I’m guessing a crowd easily between 6500-7000 or about double the number that showed up on Sunday night.

Ute in Chatt
        Ute Fan
        @phinney23

Loved the crowd and loved the enthusiasm for our program. The dunks and the crowd yelling Airball was so great. GO Utes!

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

The crowd was definitely at least borderline great tonight. They were into it from the jump (helped that we got out to such a good start), and surprisingly few people left early despite the blowout. Generally I can just walk up before the game to get concessions without a wait at all, tonight the lines were long enough that we decided to wait until a media timeout to try our luck – and still ended up waiting in line. Proof that there are fans out there that want to go, the U just needs to figure out how to get them there on a more regular basis. Cheaper concessions wouldn’t hurt, maybe make $1 popcorn and dogs a regular thing. It also helped that seats were opened up if season ticket holders didn’t claim their seats. That is a major issue I believe, season ticket holders just not showing up. That one’s more tricky to solve.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.