Behind the Scenes

Viewing 3 reply threads

WasatchRanger
      Ute Fan
      @luke8675

Is there anyone on this board with connections to the basketball team like OnlyU has to the football team?

Like many on this forum I have this hope that the basketball team starts to turn it around, and also starts getting some young recruits that can invigorate the program. I was happy we brought in Keita and Exacte last year and thought those guys were a good start, but it appears we have 0 high school recruits signed for 2023. Wondering if there is inside info from anybody on HS guys considering the U, or Smith’s plan of attack. Thanks!

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

HS kids are so 2010s. It’s all about the portal now and one-year rentals. 😉

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Don’t know why but there is not much reporting on BB.  Craig was on Riley’s radio show recently. Brandon is still maybe / maybe not returning, hope he does. Not any more names other than the ones already anounced. Three open scolarships available. Andre Miller stopped by and talked to the guys, wish he got involved with the program a bunch more. Wish we knew more about who is considering Utah.

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

I think the transfer guard from GT, Deivon Smith will sign any day.  He is true PG but lacks the shooting adeptness.  Another Forward is projected to sign too.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

He would be a nice piece offering something we do not currently have.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.