Big 12 television

Viewing 7 reply threads

Hahnenwk
      Ute Fan
      @hahnenwk

What can I expect to see televised next year for Ute sports including women’s and men’s basketball, volleyball, soccer. What stations would they be on?

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

ESPN+ carries for BIG12 essentially what DISH (and some cable) subscribers have been seeing on PAC12 network.

6 2

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

The product is going to suck overall especially compared to P12N. Another reason why I’m not excited about the move to the B12.

3 10

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

You know the pac12 network sucked ballsack, don’t you? The way your comment is worded, you make it sound like the Pac12 network was the best of the bunch when it was only a minor step up from the mtn.

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

I think he means the actual quality of the product or broadcast the P12 Network put out was really good. For example, you’d never have the issue of not getting one of ESPN’s HD Trucks for a game. Unless you’re slotted in one of ESPN’s primetime games, you often get their low quality, bare bones broadcast that is very poor in comparison to the P12 Network broadcast.
          The part about the P12 Network that sucked balls was the distribution. Regardless of how good the production was, nobody saw the games because you couldn’t get it anywhere.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

The product the P12N produced was top notch. Better than anything Fox or ESPN ever did for Utah. Camera quality and announcing. It’s not even close. ESPN+ sucks ass. I can’t believe anyone would argue otherwise. The only problem P12N had was distribution.

1 2

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

For some odd reason, I thought being available for people to watch was a pretty important part of television programming. Silly me!

/s

Charlie
            Ute Fan
            @charlie

The weekend recaps, the replays of games in 60 minutes to watch other Pac games, the preseason and pregame in-depth interviews and stories were all very good and will now be a thing of the past. If you had it the P12N was awesome.

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

Distribution was the sole issue with the P12N.

The quality of production was always first-class.

pedro
          Ute Fan
          @pedro

Any network is better than no network. P12 TV provided coverage to a lot of different sports. B12 will be stepping back into the 1980s.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

I really Iiked the after dark football recap show every Sunday morning and will miss that. Big12 has nothing like that

3 1

Hahnenwk
      Ute Fan
      @hahnenwk

You know I don’t care about the quality. I want the games on TV so I can watch them, even with the sound muted.

2 2

Matt
      Ute Fan
      @mgparker

As a zoob fan (yes, I can call byu that since I’ve called us that since the early 80s)I love espn+. You’ll get 1 FB game on ESPN+ is all and that will be SUU. The rest will be on ESPN, ESPN2, ABC, Fox, FS1.

So I guess you could put off getting it until basketball season. However, if you like the minor sports like girls volleyball, Soccer, Mens Baseball, Girls softball, they will ALL be on ESPN plus. The Big 12 is a great league for these sports and well supported by the schools. I’ve been amazed that byu girls basketball games on the road have 10k plus fans. BYU has never had high attendance for girls basketball.

I’ve enjoyed being able to see EVERY B12 mens basketball game. I care now about BYU basketball where I had checked out for the past 10 years in the WCC. This is the funnest it’s been since the early 80s to late 90s in the WAC. Those will always be my favorite basketball memories since I was a teenager during the 80s and BYU, Utah, Utep, N Mexico, Wyoming, SDSU and others were fun close rivalries. It was a good league and we were usually in the top 3. You guys were a basketball power and had great fan support from the 70s to early 2000s? What in the hell happened? The special events center as I still call it was one of the best environments in cbb.

voxnihili
        Ute Fan
        @voxnihili

Out of curiosity, is there a reason you referred to sports as “Mens” or “Girls”? Seems like mens/womens or boys/girls would make more sense to me.

Matt
          Ute Fan
          @mgparker

I didn’t even think about how I phrased it with Mens/Girls. I’m 53 so to me these young ladies aren’t women yet. Just girls. Being a BYU fan, most of our players are older so I put them into the men category.

OmahaOmaha
        Ute Fan
        @omahaomaha

Watching Utah Syracuse lacrosse right now. We never , ever get lacrosse on P12N. Can watch softball, baseball, tennis, swimming, soccer etc all on E+. The access to Utah athletics on E+ will be miles and miles ahead of P12. This isn’t even a close call.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Pretty much every PAC12 conference basketball game has been televised on a channel I can get on Dish (ESPN/ESPNU/ESPN2, ABC, Fox/Foxsports1/2, PAC12). I’ve watched a number of Big12 hoops games (including battle of the Cougars when Houston visited Provo) and had to go over to the ESPN+ to view it.

ESPN+ adds a bit to my entertainment budget, my biggest complaint is that while I can bounce around between channels on Dish to check out other games during commercial breaks, I can’t do that so quickly with streaming services.

1 3

Uteanooga
      Ute Fan
      @uteanooga

I’ve had a very hard time getting P12N. I enjoyed the product. Yogi Roth, for example, did a great job.

The P12N distribution is terrible in SEC land. No one cares about west-coast football outside of the west coast. I am as disappointed as we all are at the demise of the P12 conference but am not sad at all to see the P12N go. I’m tired of looking under rocks trying to find the games.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.