Viewing 7 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Awesome get!

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

He was Florida’s second leading tackler this season, so he’s not one of those “couldnt crack the two-deep” portal guys. Ohio State pushed for him after they lost some backers to the portal. Huge get for us.

crash11
      Ute Fan
      @kdunlavy

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Wow, this just keeps getting better and better.

crash11
      Ute Fan
      @kdunlavy

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

We get him for one year, right?

hbUte
        Ute Fan
        @hbute

Yes, one year only as he’ll be a senior.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Has 3 to play 2 if he chooses to use his CoVid year.

This is a big deal…No 9 rated LB in the 2019 class and just outside the top 100. 17 starts for Florida in the SEC who hasn’t had a class (until the current class) ranked outside of the top 20 since they started keeping track in 96 (ish).

Played in the SEC champ game too I believe.

We’re still a pretty young team so adding this type of athlete with this type of experience is a good thing. Competition in a crowded room doesn’t ever hurt. Now for a safety, WR and maybe, maybe a DE!!

hbUte
          Ute Fan
          @hbute

I stand corrected. Thank you Onlyu for your insight…again!

1 5

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

He seems like a good get for depth at least. I’m not sure he’s really all that good. He is probably an excellent athlete. I don’t know how you have 89 tackles, but only 2.5 for a loss. Florida’s defense was TUUUURRRIBLE this year wasn’t it? Isn’t that the whole reason Mullens lost his job? It’s always nice to have elite level athletes on the team. 89 tackles is NBD for me. Maybe the rest of the defense was just trash so there were a lot of downfield tackles to be had? The truth is we have no idea what he is. We know he’s a good athlete, hopefully our coaches/system/culture can unlock his potential.

3 1

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Also, am I crazy, or do we have a crapton of linebackers next year? What is going on with all the dudes we got last year?

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

They were passed up by walk-ons. Reynolds, 2 Calverts and Tufaga contributed about 3 more tackles than I did this year. Ellis looks like he’s moved to D End.

Getting an experienced body in there to start the season is a good thing. Reid and Furey got some good experience this year but I’m not ready to say that they are ready to take over for Lloyd/Sewell without there being some drop off. Not to mention that Utah just picked up someone with intimate knowledge of both the players they will be facing in the first game and the atmosphere they will experience in the swamp.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

It’s happening!!!

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Boom! Utah lands Florida Gators LB