Both Gach Situation

Viewing 11 reply threads

Jake Udy
      Ute Fan
      @jakeudy

Anyone one else suspicious of this mysterious injury? Smells a lot like other situations in the past where a guy has been struggling, Larry acts weird about it, and then the guy ends up transferring. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Gach transfer

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Yup. Been saying this for months.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

The income guard will take his spot anyway.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I smell doghouse.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Once again this is on Larry. His new philosophy is recruit the top kids that are kids of the coaches. Then there’s no way they will leave.

EutawStreet
      Ute Fan
      @eutawstreet

Warms up, stays in uniform and doesn’t play.  Doesn’t warm up doesn’t play.  Warms up, street clothes and doesn’t play.  Listed as questionable, doesn’t play.  Listed as probable and doesn’t play.  If he was in the doghouse you would think he would warm up and sit in uniform on the bench each game.  Maybe his knee is hurt and he is using Kawhi Leonard’s doctor.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Wow guys… just wow. Why would any coach lie about a player’s injury?

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

That may happen. But we don’t know anything other than he is not playing, and reportedly has a knee injury. Why would K3 lie about that? I think it best that we not speculate on what is underway, even if in the final analysis, it is as you and others suggest. We have no evidence. So we are speculating. Why do that? Are we trying to manufacture a controversy?

snafu
      Ute Fan
      @snafu

I’m wondering what happened to his performance. Why the steep drop off coming into conference play? Didn’t the same thing happen last year?

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Injury discussion by coaches is difficult nowadays because of HIPPA.  I trust that Coach Kodiak is being honest but the injury is such that its a day-to-day thing as far as his pain level and confidence in playing on it.  Best to err on side of caution rather than causing long-term harm.

Only Gach can say if he’s being treated fairly, and if he feels he’s not being treated fairly he will vote with his feet by transfering at the end of the season.  Of course I hope that doesn’t happen, he seems like he’s got a lot of potential.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Knees are tricky things. They can feel great one minute, step funny and you can barely move.

AllInUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @allinutefan

Taking the conspiracy cap off for a moment, it’s clear that Gach suffered a significant drop in productivity before he was sidelined. Perhaps his drastic drop in performance was because he was “gutting it out” on a gimpy knee. A bad leg changes shots, limits drives and tends to make a player overall more hesitant. Seeing the symptoms, Gach has been instructed to rest his knee until it’s 100%, not try to rush back and hurt it again.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Both Gach Situation