Bowl Game?

Viewing 3 reply threads

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

I hope we can beat the Buffs, but looked at their schedule. They have a bye this week. Makes me nervous. Go UTES!!

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Honestly, we probably make it with 5 wins. Right now there are 59 teams with 6+ wins and 80 slots for teams. 

Plus, our APR is so high, we’d be one of the first 5 win teams selected. 

That being said, let’s just go beat Washington. 

2 5

Hal Evans
      Ute Fan
      @dixieute

If we only win 5 games and get an invite the team should turn it down. At some point Bowl games have to be a reward for doing a good job

Red Don
        Ute Fan
        @reddon

I agree on principle, but after reading the value of having the additional practices I’ve changed my mind.

AlohaUte
          Ute Fan
          @alohaute

This. Never ever turn down a bowl bid. The extra practice and development is invaluable.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Turn it down? No way. A bowl will help in many ways like bringing in cash, recruiting, more practice and experience… It’s a total win, even if we don’t “deserve” it.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Yeah, to turn it down would be dumb. We whine about inexperience, and then we turn down an additional spring ball to help gain more experience? Um…no. 

You go bowling for one reason: the practices. An extra spring ball is invaluable, especailly for a team so young and in such a new offense. 

Utahute72
          Ute Fan
          @utahute72

The last time Utah turned down a bowl game it set our program back 25 years.

ColoradoUte1
      Ute Fan
      @coloradoute1

I think going to a bowl with a losing record is ridiculous, but it’s not our fault if someone invites us. Take it.

No reason we should lose to Colorado unless we have a letdown and/or injuries after a Washington beat down. Sorry I just don’t see anything good coming out of that game for us, hope I’m wrong.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.