Hope this is not true.

Northendzone Ute5
      Ute Fan
      @northendzoneute5

USC, UCLA, Oregon and Colorado having talks with B1G

Matthew Thomas Castleton
        Ute Fan
        @mcastleton928

That is why the Pac-12 needs to expand before others do. They must remain in the game. The best way to do that is with the Big 12 schools Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Texas Tech, and one other.

UtTroutHunter
        Ute Fan
        @uttrouthunter

None of the remaining the Big 12 teams move the needle nowhere near as much as the top Pac 12 teams do. Everything appears to be on the table at this point, but I don’t think the Pac 12 exists after 2025. 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

It’s only a matter of time.

Gugstanley
        Ute Fan
        @gugstanley

I hope the Networks see value in Utah

CB
      Ute Fan
      @solidhobo

Other then the Big10 wanting to pair Colorado back up with Nebraska, there’s no reason they shouldn’t want Utah as well. I hope this isn’t true, but if it is Utah needs to do everything they can to get in the Big10 with the other Pac-12 teams mentioned

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Agreed, I hope Harlan is staying in close contact with Colorado’s AD. Seems like all the players that were involved with positioning Colorado/Utah to the PAC are no longer there. But IMO we should be doing everything we can to lock arms with Colorado.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

If the BIG raids the P12, I doubt Utah would be part of that deal. Really sucks.

The only consolation to this, is the remnants of the P12 and BIG12 would merge, and that would still be a decent conference. It would be solidly last place among the power conferences, but still better than AAC, MWC, etc.

Brettski
        Ute Fan
        @brettski

This is the most likely outcome if the Big 10 raids the Pac12 IMO..

Big 10 takes 6 Pac teams to go to 20: USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, Cal & Stanford

Remaining Teams 6
        Utah, Oregon State, Washington State, Colorado, ASU, Arizona

Add Big 12 leftovers + SDSU (8)
        Tx tech, Baylor, TCU, Kansas, Kstate, Ok State, Iowa State, and SDSU

Seems like a great Conference IMO for football and basketball. If the big 10 raids fewer schools and take Kansas and Iowa state that’s fine too, it leaves more solid programs behind.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

I’ve seen no credible reports of this

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Agreed. Most reports are that former big 12 schools are in talks with the BIG. But who really knows at this point.
        Kansas and ISU in talks with BIG

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

This Scoop podcast sounds scary to me. Wouldn’t doubt it for a second that USC has been in contact with the B1G, they’ve already been on record recently as being unhappy with the state of things in the PAC. I realize the firing of Larry Scott and hiring of George Kliavkoff helped calm things down. But this seismic shift in the CFB landscape and not wanting to get left behind could be all that’s needed for USC to want to make sure their future is secure. If I had to place a bet today, my money would be on the B1G countering the SEC by brining in the best brands from the PAC.
        Start listening from the 6:20 mark

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

If the B1G raids the PAC, our only hope is they expand to a 22 or 24 team conference. We aren’t included if it’s a 20 team conference unfortunately. I don’t see a scenario where Utah is selected before the following brands: USC, Oregon, Washington, Stanford, UCLA, Colorado, Arizona State. We should be ahead of WSU and OSU, not sure if it’s 6’s between us and Arizona.

Kirk Herbstreet
            Ute Fan
            @mariolemute

We are in over ASU. They are not AAU. That is a deal breaker for the BIG 10.

UteFanatic
              Ute Fan
              @utefanatic

This is correct. Big10 is only interested in AAU member schools.

MDUte
              Ute Fan
              @mdute

Great catch. Didn’t realize ASU wasn’t AAU. Which other PAC schools are not AAU?

Kirk Herbstreet
                Ute Fan
                @mariolemute

ASU, WSU and OSU. Everyone else is AAU.

MDUte
                Ute Fan
                @mdute

Just looked it up. ASU, WSU, and OSU are the 3 PAC schools not AAU accredited. That still puts us at either 8th or 9th depending on if Arizona is placed before us or after. I would think if the B1G were expanding West and it included the Northern PAC and Colorado, Utah would be included over Arizona from a geographical standpoint. But they’d have to expand to 22 teams. At 20 we still don’t get in IMO.

MDUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @mdute

Sounds like Jim Delaney would’ve been the guy bold enough to counter the SEC and raid the PAC. The dream scenario would be the B1G takes the 9 AAU schools in the PAC + Kansas to get to 24. Not going to happen but if dominos fall out West, that would be our best shot at keeping a seat at the table.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Buckeye scoop’s insider reports