Caleb Williams father on CW being a #1 pick

Viewing 4 reply threads

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Wow, does he stay in college another year? Does he orchestrate a draft day trade ala Eli to a team of his choice? What happened to turning your team and franchise around like Joe Burrow and Trevor Lawrence? Soft, the greats elevate their situation.

CW draft

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

Is it possible for a player to not participate in the NFL draft and simply sign as a free agent somewhere?
      I don’t really follow the NFL draft; sorry if that is perceived as a dumb question.

fosternano
        Ute Fan
        @fosternano

For a later round yes. Covey did it it during the 5th round of the draft. The eagles called him, said they wanted him but didn’t have a draft pick for him in the late rounds.

Covey signed a deal and essentially withdrew his name from the draft.

As a top pick it would make zero sense to do this since being the number one pick comes with a much larger salary compared to a FA deal.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I assume he could, but then he gets a UDFA contract. Better hope you don’t get injured and you pan out.

stbone
      Ute Fan
      @stbone

I misread the title as “Caleb Williams father on CW being a #1 PRICK”. That story would have been more interesting, although this story seems to support the story I thought I would read.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I would think it’s not so far-fetched as what we might think…I know a guy that’s dialed in with “House of Victory” the USC NIL collective. According to him, Williams is making over $6M this year when you combine his endorsements and other NIL-related deals. He also told me that, if Williams was to return to USC for his senior season, that amount would easily go north of $10M. Is it as much money as what he would get as the theoretical #1 NFL pick (that figure was $41.2M for the value of the contract)? No, but it certainly gives him something to think about.

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

I’m sure NIL money makes this kind of thing more appealing these days. But I feel like this almost always ends up hurting the player more than helping them.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Caleb Williams father on CW being a #1 pick