Calm the F down :)

Viewing 5 reply threads
      7 2

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

We are down QB1, QB2, RB1, RB2, TE1, a couple on the line, Pittman is down, and now Barnes. We are DEVASTATED by injuries on the offensive side of the ball. The fact we are 4-1 going into the bye is an effing miracle! It’s not time to panic…yet. If Cam is out Cal I don’t think he’s coming back. If that’s the case we need to run a much more option style offense to fit NJ until his passing improves.

6 2

utelifer
      Ute Fan
      @utelifer

Seriously, there are a lot of pussy crybabies on the board right now. Tired of hearing the whining about Cam. If you all think he is just sitting out to collect money, you haven’t been watching him the past 2 years. Whit said he is the alpha of the team and I think he deserves much more respect than what most of the fan base is giving him. Do you not think he wants to play football? Also, as was stated, every single key position on offense is playing 2nd or 3rd stringers. Calm down. Some of you obviously never played football but love to critique college kids without fully knowing or understanding their situation. I used to get p**sed and let losses bother me, but I grew up. Stop talking like every player on the team isn’t giving their best. The season isn’t over. Let it play out. In the end, for us it is just entertainment. The players and coaches live it.

5 4

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I agree with you about the injuries. I have no problem with how this season is going. The only thing I have a problem with is the Coaches relying on Cam miraculously returning from injury to carry our offense.

Hell, even the idea of them relying on Jackson to carry the running game is silly… Much less so, but still.

Cam should not have been invited back. If we had suggested that he move on with his life, we easily could have gotten a very good transfer QB. We would have had a great defense, and an improving offense to sell to a transfer. Instead we get a guy who is choosing to sit games out because he doesn’t feel like playing yet.

I’m happy with the season and understand the injury issues.

Miles E.
        Ute Fan
        @emiles

This.. the frustrating part is that even an average game manager QB could take this team to the promised land with the type of defense we have. I’m sure there were a lot of these type of guys in the portal. Guys with a lot of experience.

How many three and outs have we had the last two games? If we continue to put this type of pressure on our defense, I would expect the injuries to start piling up on that side of the ball.

Also, who is our strength and conditioning coach? Is he not feeding these guys enough greens? Why so many injuries to start with? And why is it taking these guys so long to heal? 🤔

RustyShackleford
          Ute Fan
          @shakyute13

I wonder if none of them wanted to come in and be the back up. I gotta think that the staff at least kicked the tires on a few transfer kids

lgt4141
      Ute Fan
      @lgt4141

Thenopitimist in me says the I journeys can work to Utah’s benefit. How many seasons have key players been injured in the second half of the season on teams across the country?

We may find it to the Utes benefit to get key players back for the second half of the season.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Agreed! We’re 4-1 against mostly P5 competition. Lost on the road against a ranked team we expected could be an L coming into the season. We’ve done this with a ton of injuries and seen that we have quality depth. Also, I think this loss may cause the coaches to rethink their offensive game plans, but then again maybe not. Given the circumstances, we’re fortunate to be here. Let’s heal these next 2 weeks and go 5-1. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Honestly, I’d run out Rose if healthy or one of our true freshman QBs. I don’t think NJ is a QB.

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Yeah. That’s pretty clear, especially if he’s not using his legs in a run heavy rpo type offense. Not sure he has the frame to take that kind of beating either.

RustyShackleford
          Ute Fan
          @shakyute13

He’s only a freshman he can definitely develop his passing game

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

Ne’s not a true freshman, he’s a redshirt freshman. I’m with the others, I don’t think that he’s an instinctive QB and would probably be better off switching to the secondary or and offensive position where he can really use his speed.

RustyShackleford
        Ute Fan
        @shakyute13

Apparently we won’t see Rose for awhile

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Calm the F down :)