Cam Rising interview

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I was in the car when I was listening to his weekly interview – so I am sure I have missed some of the things he said.

He said that he has not yet been cleared to play against Florida. BUT – he said that he is practicing 11 on 11 and could still go next week if cleared. Bill asked him if he was gaming everyone. He said that he was telling the absolute truth. He said he would go if he gets clearance next Thursday. That seems unrealistic to me, yet he claims that he is being truthful. (The part of this that I don’t like is that whoever starts next week (including Cam) needs to take 80% of the reps. If Cam is really still in the mix, then they are sharing reps.)

Cam spends a lot of time with the other QBs teaching them and helping them to understand coverages etc.

Johnson is an amazing athlete and Barnes has improved, especially with his long throws.

There is no weakness on the Utes’ defense that can be exploited. As a QB you are aware of the weaknesses on the other side and go after those weaknesses.

We may have as many as 5 safeties who will see action. No wonder Isbell transferred.

He said the game plan for the Florida game will be similar regardless if he plays or not. (I am not sure that I believe this.)

He said that teams that come from sea level start to experience problems on long drives of 7 or more plays.

Overall, Cam seems very positive and focused.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

He said that teams that come from sea level start to experience problems on long drives of 7 or more plays.

How about a 10 minute, 18 play drive to start the game? Then a quick three and out for the Gators offense and another long drive by the Utes. That would really set the tone.

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

When is Florida coming? I thought I heard one of their YouTube channels say they would arrive yesterday or today, but now I think it’s next Tuesday?

//r00t4Utes
        Ute Fan
        @r00t4utes

Did you just say C U Next Tuesday to Florida

dwainegf
          Ute Fan
          @dwainegf

That is what I read as well. LOL

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Cam Rising interview