Cam Rising to practice without limitations

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

This article tells how Rising has been given permission to practice without limitations.

If cleared by the doctors, should he play this Saturday?

7 1

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I personally wouldn’t start him until the UCLA game. I’d let him get some game snaps versus the Wildcats to shake off the rust but that’s about it.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I tend to agree with you. However, 1) If Can is declared ready and he wants to go, does Whitt make a decision to sit him? 2) We shouldn’t take any game lightly and it is easy to do after seeing Baylor yesterday. Do we risk losing the game by sitting a healthy Cam Rising?

In a perfect world, we do as you suggest and let him play a bit against WSU. But, that perfect world should include a win against Baylor this Saturday.

2 1

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Well, the only way I play Rising against Baylor is if things are going sideways on offense for the team and it’s absolutely necessary to preempt a loss. I would definitely not start him, even if he’s medically cleared.

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

If he’s ready he’ll play against Baylor.

1 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Look, Baylor sucks. With Rising throwing, we win by 30.

If he can play, play him. Tell him not to run, work on his pocket passing. Give NFL guys some good in the pocket tape.

With a Rising who can’t run, we win.

It’s a no brainer.

5 1

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

Be careful to judge Baylor off of that first game. Highly likely we see a more motivated team next Saturday.

AZUTE
          Ute Fan
          @azute

Motivation will carry you only so far before talent takes over.

Utah will pull away in the 2nd half

1 2

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

You can say the same for Utah. We were down 8 starters and played our 3rd and 4th string QB’s.

Be careful to judge Utah off that first game. They will have a lot more talent and know they have a legit chance at the playoffs this year and a big win over a future conference mate will go a long ways in recruiting and national brand to win two games in a row in front of a national audience.

Utah is just better. Can they lose? S**t. They lost to BYU the last time they played. So yeah, they can lose. Should they lose? Nope. If Johnson/Barnes play, it’s probably another 10 point win. If Rising plays, Baylor shouldn’t stand a chance.

22Ute22
          Ute Fan
          @utedagoat

I could be extremely motivated and angry, but that doesn’t mean I would beat a gorilla in a fight. O-line play can improve throughout the season, we saw it firsthand with our team in 2021, but it doesn’t happen over the course of a week, especially when Utah’s front 7 is significantly better than Texas State’s.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

We’re favored -6…..We’ll cover that spread with Barnes/Johnson, easily…..CR will continue to prep for his first real action against UCLA, even IF he does see limited reps in the interim against WSU.

ukiyoronin
        Ute Fan
        @ukiyoronin

If I was a betting man, I’d feel pretty good about putting some money on the -6 line it opened up at. Just sayin.

RoboUte
          Ute Fan
          @hamplate

Agreed. We get a long week and they just lost QB1. On top of that Baylor’s stadium is not known as a hostile environment, in fact just the opposite as I understand it.

Baylor will no doubt improve but the thing is so will we.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Cam Rising to practice without limitations