Cam to return

Viewing 2 reply threads

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

Cam Rising anounced he will return for the 2023 season.

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

His decision was made prior to the Rose Bowl.  The plan was to make that announcement after the game.  Unfortunately, he didn’t get that chance due to the injuries.  Yass had already decided a while ago, and we knew Kuithe would be back if Cam did.  What suprised me was Vele’s decision.  

cj13
        Ute Fan
        @cjohnsen13

Vele probably got some sort of NIL deal. We lose two of 4 best receivers and needed him back. Especially since we missed out on some potential WR transfers

prestitute
          Ute Fan
          @prestitute

I will say, I am high on both Money and Cope in the next 1-2 years. I think next year Vele can also work his way into a 4th-ish rounder. My hope is that a lot of conversation about how we will be showcasing these guys along with NIL and draft realities is why they are coming back. Vele, Kuithe, Yassmin, and Cam all with something to prove is a recipe for an AWESOME year. Especially with how well JJ has stepped it up. I hate losing Micah, but JJ, Curry, Glover, and Ricky Parks could be an amazing room if they all stay and progress as expected. Or maybe Parks transitions to S or something. I think we really do have a lot more talent than people realize, and Whitt knows how to find places for them to thrive on D is they don’t work on O.  

Da Vinci Ute
            Ute Fan
            @davinciute

I thought Ricky Parks is in the portal.

prestitute
              Ute Fan
              @prestitute

He may be and probably is. Honestly, speaks to the quality of the rest of the RB room. I am always bugged when people talk about Utah lacking talent. We may not have the stars, but we develop them. The fact that so many 4* kids are leaving because they couldn’t see the field speaks to the quality of players we bring in regardless of the * number. Granted, the higher *’s tend to be the best (like Jaylon/Clark/Cam), but Devin Lloyd, Weddle, Smith, etc. are right there with them. Just needed a chance/some development.

palos_verdes_ute
            Ute Fan
            @palos-verdes-ute

I think another WR trasnfer is coming onboard soon.  

Onlyu
              Ute Fan
              @uf8fl

Johnson, Mbanasor and Reed will become options sooner than later, plus Matthews is a stud and will be a 4 star guy with the final rating IMO (or damn close) and yes we’ll have another WR come in. With Parks, Vele and Cope I think we’ll be as deep at WR as we have been in a long, long time.

Don’t forget we still have the Spring portal season too if necessary.

2008 National Champ
                Ute Fan
                @cptmrgn05

Matthews will definitely get a bump after all the press from All-America week. He was borderline 4 star already (.8867)

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Fantastic!  So any updates on his injury?  Surgery needed?  Expected recovery time?

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Surgery today…I expect him back and healthy by game 1.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Cam to return