Campaign to get people to bring more Utes here…?

Viewing 14 reply threads

TorontoUte
      Ute Fan
      @torontoute

I put this under football where it’ll get viewed the most–I think i saw someone mention this earlier, but we should really get the word out about Ute Hub on social media like FB, twitter etc, so we can grow this into a vibrant community. It appears it’s off to a good start with defectors from ufn

radioUte
      Ute Fan
      @radioute

I hesitate to suggest it, but someone ought to reach out to the Ute fans that have made their home on Cougarboard. There are some strong Ute posters that didn’t connect with Utefans.net for whatever reason but that I think could contribute well here.

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

I wouldn’t call many of us defectors. I think most of us hope UFN recovers and this site thrives as well. Hopefully they can compliment each other. If worse comes to worse though for UFN I think this site is a great landing place.

John Smith
          Ute Fan
          @h-man

Honestly, I’m with you here. I like Utefans, it just needs a new paint job.

TorontoUte
          Ute Fan
          @torontoute

absolutely, ufn has it’s place in the market, and has been great, but as we all know has been stalled for sometime. I just think we should capitalize on the enthusiasm for this site as quickly as possible and really make it the “Hub” for all things Utes

UtahSig
            Ute Fan
            @utahsig

John Smith? Why not H Man? Glad you are posting over here too. I love your posts on UF.N

utejeph
          Ute Fan
          @utejeph

There is so much I really like about Utefans. As a donor I like how the feed reads, it is a lot more like how I use social media, I quickly scroll through it and read what I want and quickly scroll past the rest. Something this site doesn’t do yet. I also really enjoy the multi media functionality. Some of the posts would be average if not for the appropriately placed meme or video. It looks like that can be done here. Hell, I feel like I was in the first 100,000 views of a Gaghnam Style all because of Utefans. I know it is the community that makes a board and Utefans could be great but I’m also looking forward to what this may become.

Jumpmasterute
          Ute Fan
          @jumpmasterute

Saved me from saying it.

Anonymous
        Inactive

No, let those ute fans who post on cougarboard stay on cougarboard. As long as I’m here, mpfunk will not be joining this board.

Devildog
          Ute Fan
          @devildog

Moose you won’t be here long. You never are. MPFunk would be a great addition to this place.

ThurstonW
          Ute Fan
          @thurstonw

I agree. There is something clearly wrong with those people. For some reason they have the need to be validated by a bunch of arrogant asshats.

utedds
      Ute Fan
      @utedds

I agree. Get a Facebook page up so we can all “like” it. Stuff like that will get the word out to more casual online fans.

utejeph
        Ute Fan
        @utejeph

This is the best way in my opinion.

bigmanUTE
      Ute Fan
      @bigmanute

utefans will never return to its prime. its WELL past that stage. As much as i dislike BYU, cougarboard is one of the best message boards I have seen for opposing fanbases. My only hope is that utah can find one main message board for fans like cougarboard has. as of right now, online utah fans are far too splintered throughout the web.

Matthew Thomas Castleton
      Ute Fan
      @mcastleton928

Why not judge merge the two sites into one? Wouldn’t that be easier?

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

I dropped a post on UteNation to let people know about the site:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Utenation/

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I appreciate all this discussion. I don’t want UFN to tank. I’d rather see it succeed. But being one who likes to do things myself, I thought it would be better to start something new and more modern, and better if possible. This is just the beginning for sure. I haven’t even touched any real custom functionality for the site yet.

Thanks for posting on ute nation. I just joined it last night.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I just looked for the post on ute nation so I could like and share it, but I can’t find it. Got a direct link?

UteStuckInSeattle
        Ute Fan
        @utestuckinseattle

I can’t seem to find the post. Maybe it was removed?

I’ll put up another post and link it.

UtahSig
      Ute Fan
      @utahsig

Yeah, there are some solid Ute posters on CB that I would like to see make their way over here. The one good thing I will say for CB is that place is very active. So far this place has been really active which I am enjoying. It is great to see so many threads with so many posts. Let’s keep it rolling.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

They probably “moderated” it. Thanks for the effort. I come from the blogger mentality, where I scratch your back if you scratch mine. The forum mentality is so different.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I sent out a tweet about the site. Hopefully a few people will see it and come here.

SouthJordanUte
        Ute Fan
        @southjordanute

Twitter is how I found the site.

TorontoUte
          Ute Fan
          @torontoute

We’re twitter friends– @BeijingRunner

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Thanks cool you found the site via twitter. I just started the twitter account a few hours ago!

UGLI baby
      Ute Fan
      @uglibaby

I don’t understand people trying to be nice and pretending like Utefans is going to survive, or magically stop sucking. It’s like a zombie website at this point. A new website rising up to take its place is looooooong overdue.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

So…UteHub is like a super zombie?

javadave
      Ute Fan
      @javadave

This board already seems more active than ufn.

Jeromy in SLC
        Ute Fan
        @jeromyinslc

Because it is more active, already. The trick will be to keep it that way. UB5 had an initial buzz as well. It is up to all of us to make Uterus a place worth coming back to.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Jeromy in SLC.

GadValleyUte
          Ute Fan
          @maximumkungfu

Uterus what an awesome auto-correct!

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

The Uterus is ALWAYS worth coming back to.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

A cool way to get more people is to just try and invite X number of friends to join. You pick the number: 2, 5, 10.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

DiSH is giving away a free x-box one if you refer three friends…

Hear ye hear ye, Tony is giving away x-box ones to anyone that refers 3 people to Utehub.com!

yep that’ll work.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

This place is awesome! I can’t believe how great it looks after only being online for three days!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

This place is awesome! I can’t believe how great it looks after only being online for three days!

Technically 2 days 12 hours, but who is counting!?!?! Thanks and WELCOME.

GO UTES

TorontoUte
        Ute Fan
        @torontoute

Agreed, keep it up!

Viewing 14 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Campaign to get people to bring more Utes here…?