Can’t decide if the Zoobs will be more dangerous next week after this.

Viewing 7 reply threads

CapitalUte
      Ute Fan
      @capitalute

They could come out swinging like a caged animal or be completely spent and demoralized. My guess is they will latch on to any hope we give them. We need to hit them in the mouth early and I think they will fold quick.

houhi43
      Ute Fan
      @houhi43

I agree, they will put most of the blame on changing venues, etc. Utes need to come out and stomp on them early.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I’ve been thinking the same thing. I think they come out fired up next week. We can’t overlook them and we need to play a complete game. 

I do feel confident that Whittingham will have the squad adequately prepared. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Being fired up doesn’t increase their talent level or speed. 

darklightning
          Ute Fan
          @darklightning

Might increase the likelihood of more dirty play, though. Which scares me…

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

They’ve been closely watched for a long time now. They won’t get away with much.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Tatum Mango!

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

They looked really bad. I think it’s going to be tough. Their rushing has been atrocious. They can’t get holes. It’s going to be a pretty quick game. More worried about our injuries than outcome.

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

Sorry, you lost me at “they can’t get holes”

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

What I LOVE about Taylor is how smart he is. He ran the ball so much vs ND. 

I expect him to do what LSU did tonight. Line up and hit them in the mouth. 

He just saw the perfect way to beat BYU. Don’t reinvent the wheel. Don’t get anyone hurt. 

If we go out and hold the ball the whole first quarter ala LSU (BYU had only one possession the first quarter), BYU will quit. 

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

I’ve rarely seen an FCS team get dominated the way BYU did tonight. I don’t think you just bounce back from something like that. You don’t get beat like that unless you are a bad football team and they know it. They’ve been playing football their whole lives. Unless We breathe life into them with our own mistakes, we ought to win next week by a few scores. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Exactly. Which why we should Stevie Tui’kolovatu BYU next Saturday. Remember the opening drive vs USC where just ran it down Stevie’s throat? 

If we do that, they will quit and we will roll. 

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

Don’t forget the last drive too. We ran straight over the Rose Bowl MVP on both 4th down plays. Isaac Asiata had something to prove and he wouldn’t be denied.

I think Asiata threw down Stevie T on the game-winning pass as well.

BJA 13
        Ute Fan
        @bja13

Which FCS team are you referring to?  

BYU – I  or BYU – P?

TIA.  Gets confusing these days.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

If Utah comes out and punches them in the mouth, they won’t recover and we’ll win big.  If Utah allows them to gain a little momentum and give Mangum some confidence, then it will likely be a dog fight all the way.

Mangum is going to be a nervous wreck taking the field against Utah.  No doubt he remembers the last time he faced our D-line very, very well..  Utah needs to start out extremely aggressive and rattle Mangum.  If they do that, then we win by 2-3 touchdowns.

BYU is not a good football team, but a rivalry game is a different animal.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Can’t decide if the Zoobs will be more dangerous next week after this.