Carolina brings back Cam Newton

Viewing 6 reply threads

Utegibby13
      Ute Fan
      @utegibby13

My favorite NFL team brought back my favorite QB they have had, and it got me thinking. What player from Utah Football history would you bring back if you could?

I am not sure, there have been so many good players, but i think offensively, it would be a toss up between bringing back Garrett Bowles, because I absolutely loved his tenacity on the O-Line, and Alex Smith because man, was he good or what?

Defensively, i want Julian Blackman or Jaylon Johnson. Those DBs were exactly what I love about defense. Smart and mean.

I cant wait to read the replies to this! As always Go Utes!!!

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Weddle 

no contest. We are thin and lacking experience in the secondary. He was every bit the corner AND safety that those guys are.

Utegibby13
        Ute Fan
        @utegibby13

Could you imagine him returning to be the db coach to let scqlley focus on dc stuff full time? Ooooh man!!!

UTEopia
          Ute Fan
          @uteopia

Which defensive coach do you fire to make this happen?

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

Yeah… Shah is already coaching the CBs, and doing an excellent job. If anything, I would say if/when Scalley gets the HC job, Shah moves to DC-CB coach, and Weddle comes on as the safeties coach. Make Harding the ST coordinator/OL coach, and keep the others where they are right now. I could also see Swan becoming a coordinator of some sort (either switching with Shah or Harding). 

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

I’ll never forget Alex Smith criticizing Cam Newton for being lucky and for having no clue what he’s doing. Cam Newton doesn’t learn the playbook. He’s bad. That’s why he got beat out by a rookie.

On that note, looks like OBJ to the Rams. Same kind of guy. Raw talent, very talented, but doesn’t know the playbook at all.

richute
      Ute Fan
      @richute

I’d love to have jaylon back. also seen responses for weddle im just too young and never saw him play but not a bad choice either.

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

I’d bring back weddle on defense and Alex smith on offense..I’m sure others will feel the same haha

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

For this year’s team? King Louie. Would immediately solve 90% of the special teams issues.

As a general “I wish we could have him on the team for the next 20 years”.,, Devontae Booker. I know RB is usually a loaded position but he was such a gamebreaker that having him around every year would be a no-brainer. Now if there had been one true go-to receiver in the last 20 years, that would have been my default since Utah has been able to have success everywhere else.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I’m saying this purely from a football perspective. I would bring back Ty Jordan. Covey said he was the best offensive player he has ever played with. Covey said he was like Zack Moss with his running ability but then you can mix in Booker with his hands and route running. He was also a good blocker.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Carolina brings back Cam Newton