Chase Hansen

Viewing 9 reply threads

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

The guy is definitely a gamer. Folks over at UF.N saying he broke his ankle on the last play. That sucks.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Chase was flying all over the field and making plays. He will never play QB at Utah. According to Erickson (second hand early in the season), Chase has incredible speed for his size, but arm strength is lacking. Once the Troy Williams kid committed (Santa Monica Community College via UW), Chase immediately moved over to Defense. The writing is on the wall, because Troy Williams is a baller who’s lighting it up at Santa Monica.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I love how people continue to think he is third string qb. He started at safety he will be a linebacker next season.

The injury looks like his season is done.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I was just going to ask what the injury entailed. Damn that sucks. See you next year Chase.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Our defense felt much more dynamic with Chase. With him back there, and our D-line healthy, we would have been scary.

oc_ute
        Ute Fan
        @ocute

the flying to the ball play where he crashed with the UW wideout was Robert Johnson-esque.
        no way was it PI. he was going for the ball 100%.

TheJuggernaut
      Ute Fan
      @thejuggernaut

Broken ankle, surgery today, out four months is what I heard.

Dhisatake
      Ute Fan
      @dhisatake

Chase might have been really good had he continued to play. However, he was a 50/50 guy.. sometimes he made a great play. Sometimes he was so far out of position that it was mind boggling. Two of the TD’s were his fault.

TheJuggernaut
        Ute Fan
        @thejuggernaut

Hopefully he’ll be back in time for Spring ball, he’ll be much improved next year with a Spring and Fall camp to develop as a safety.

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

What’s puzzling is that he beat out Carter but appeared to play as a 50/50 guy. I don’t know what to think. Hard to imagine he beat out Carter, unless Carter is less than 100% but supposedly Carter is 100% ???? Oh well, looks like Carter will be back. Certainly not bad news.

rbmw263
          Ute Fan
          @rbmw263

Carter does not look right. I dont know if its past injuries have ravaged his body, or current ones that we dont know about. But he looks slow, and thats never a way I thought I would describe his play.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Yeah he is a lot like Blechen great downhill in coverages and run plays. Because Utah has been burned on screens I wonder if that is why he got the start. But deep coverages or zone he was struggling. Hansen needs to add ten lbs and become a linebacker. He won’t play in the NFL as a qb from Utah. But defensive side of the ball? NFL easily.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Playing QB at Utah has nothing to do with it. Hansen’s arm is weak. He runs a 4.5 at his size. Add 15 lbs and that translates to LB on Sundays.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

He was doing well for never playing safety before. He was out of position numerous times though and I did have fear of getting burned badly because of that.

Mano
      Ute Fan
      @mano

Whitt basically said Carter needs to lose some weight to play safety, so they were playing him some at LB.

EUte
      Ute Fan
      @eute

Wasn’t Hansen recruited primarily as a Safety out of High School? I know he played QB, but every HS plays their best athlete at QB.

Anonymous
        Inactive

He went to Utah as a qb recruit.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Chase Hansen