Clemson at Duke

Viewing 9 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I didn’t realize there was college football on tonight, but yay. And believe it or not Duke is hanging with Clemson early in the 4th quarter, trailing 7-6.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Holy shiznit. Duke just scored. They’re up 13-7

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

21-7 Duke with 10:33 left…

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Duke is now up 21-7 with 10 min left in the 4th.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

😆 🤣 😂 beat you to it…in all honesty, Clemson is giving this game away…they should be ahead but for their mistakes.

Redblood
          Ute Fan
          @redblood

That is why it is so hard to go undefeated when you play a lot of teams who are capable of beating you. Even 2 loss when the majority of your games are with teams capable. You have a really hard time in the redzone or have turnovers and you just get beat.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Game, set, and match, Duke….bad loss for Clemson…mistake after mistake doomed them because they sure moved the ball at will for large portions of the game.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Duke finished last year strong and some people had them as a sleeper pick for the ACC. I doubt anyone expected that result though.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Clemson looked like Utah last year at the Swamp. You can’t leave so many points on the table against a good team and expect to win. As you alluded to, Duke just put the ACC on notice…

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

Funny thing is Uigaleilei (sic?) left because he felt stifled by Clemson’s offense. Then threw up 20-25 for OSU while Clemson’s new golden boy in their new and improved offense couldn’t put points on the board. People really underestimate the effect the head coach has on scheme as opposed to the individual coordinators.

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

That’s an interesting take…everything I’ve read and heard pointed to DJU leaving because Klubnik had beaten him out of the starting job. There were very few Clemson fans sad at his departure. You really get a sense of this by reading some of the comments on his Clemson highlights video:

D.J. Uiagalelei 2021 Regular Season Highlights | Clemson QB

2008 National Champ
                Ute Fan
                @cptmrgn05

I’m sure the writing was on the wall based on how they had played Klubnik towards the end of last season and I know that Clemson fans were unhappy that he wasn’t Trevor Lawrence II. The interviews I’ve read with DJU specifically mention “stifling” and how much happier he is at OSU. Even Klubnik has talked about how much more he likes this year’s offense than 2022’s.

The full truth is probably in there somewhere. It’s a one game sample but DJU out performed Williams against a common opponent. Maybe I don’t understand irony as well as I should but Clemson fans got the coordinator they wanted (coached QB2 to the Heisman stage), the QB they wanted, and then had to watch the guy they wanted run out of town light it up while they dealt with the same issues as last year. That’s enough to give me the giggles.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

It’s now an ass whoopin’!

DataUte
        Ute Fan
        @scotwaye

You look at the stats blindly and Clemson wins 35-31. Then you see Clemsom did not score OR punt in the 2nd half

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

Clemson should drop below us now in the polls.

CoyoteUte
      Ute Fan
      @coyoteute

Bet Clemson pre-game, but ended up hedging on Duke and making a lil $ for the household 🤝 Tigers couldn’t tackle tonight.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Clemson is eliminated from the CFP.
      SEC probably expects 3 teams this season.

TX_UTE
      Ute Fan
      @dleemiller

Still suffering with the Disney/Charter-Spectrum dispute so no ESPN – appreciate all the Utehub comments and perspective as can’t watch the game live and can only see highlights on the ESPN website!

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

you didn’t hear it from me but…

sport
        surge
        dot
        net

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Mr. 2008 National Champ, I’m from the FBI…do you have a moment?

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

Can I take a number and call you back tomorrow? The IRS is here and I’ve got to meet with the Covid police this afternoon.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Clemson at Duke