Coach options

Viewing 2 reply threads

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

Some interesting names on this list. Have to at least reach out to Alex and JB. Would love to know more about the lead guy at Gonzaga.

https://utah.rivals.com/news/ute-nation-hot-board-predicting-utah-basketball-head-coach-candidates

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Jensen or Bryant. Man that is a tough choice and fulfills all of my wants. Don’t know if that is what they want. I feel like either brings the program back to where it needs to be.

3 2

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

Mentioned this on Twitter, but my out of the box, never going to happen candidate would be Becky Hammon. She’s destined for an NBA job (personally I think she’s lined up for the Spurs job whenever Pop decides to step aside) so I’m not even sure she entertains an interview request from us, but from all reports she has the coaching chops and the publicity would be off the charts. Want to put Utah basketball back on the national stage, that would do it. Recruiting would be the big question. Would coaches use negative recruiting against her because she’s a woman? Yep. But would you want to be the coach if those tactics got leaked by a recruit? Nope. And maybe she convinces a top recruit or two that they could be a major part of history.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.