Collin Chandler

Viewing 3 reply threads

CoyoteUte
      Ute Fan
      @coyoteute

Just got back from watching my Cyprus Pirates take care of Collin Chandler and crew on the hardwood. Honestly I’m not sold after watching him up close in a road setting. He had 4 fouls + a technical in the first half alone. Majority of his points came from the charity stripe too. Probably was the 3rd or 4th best player on the floor tonight. Chalk it up as an off game, but I was expecting a lot more from a top 50 recruit in the playoffs.

Go Utes and Go Pirates!

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Cyprus is goood and has their core players returning next year. Gonna be fun to watch them.

Bisme
      Ute Fan
      @bisme

Let’s be honest, the officials were absolutely terrible all night (on both sides). They were all over the place. His foul (followed by a tech) was against the Cyprus player 4 feet away from him, occurring under the basket, and called by the official at half court. Four of his fouls were terrible calls and completely took him out of the game. He didn’t even start the second half due to foul issues. Cyprus was the better team as a whole and Farmington struggled but this wasn’t on Chandler.

CoyoteUte
        Ute Fan
        @coyoteute

That’s fair! To be expected with Utah high school refs though… Could be a result of the lack of talent around of him, but I just thought he played a lot of hero ball. Obviously was watching him closely after what all the Ute fans were saying after his commitment. It was Cyprus’ night no doubt, and not sure there was much Chandler could have done. He just didn’t strike me as a top 100 recruit is all. I’ll gladly eat crow a few years from now if needs be lol.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Correct me if I’m wrong, thought this kid is pretty much a done deal commit to BYU? 

AZUTE
        Ute Fan
        @azute

I think the original poster is trying to suggest Utah didn’t miss out on much when Chandler chose to go elsewhere and not Utah.

It just sounds like sour grapes cause he’s legit and he will do very well in college

If Smith can get things turned around at Utah there are some rumors Chandler will reconsider Utah when he returns from his mission. Especially if Burgess has moved on from byu

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

I don’t believe there were any sour grapes going on….. I just think he was sharing an honest observation.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.