Contracts, hypothetical situations, and Scalley

Viewing 3 reply threads

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

I think Scalley won’t be fired. I think he made a supreme dumbass choice not having empathy for others and showed carelesness. But I don’t think it was maliscious or hate intended. 

But let’s say that hypothetically Scalley got demoted to safeties coach. Certainly his pay would drop from 800k+  to the position coaches salary…but who do you replace him with?

I have no idea if Shaw shaw has any play calling experience or knack for doing it. But, Sharieff Shaw might be the smartest of all the coaches and the man should be the flag bearer for what being a Utah man is all about. He holds 3 degrees from the University of Utah: Poly Sci undergrad, Masters in Exercise and Sports Science, Juris Doctorate and passed the bar exam. Then he worked as a sports agent and was a litigating attorney for 12 years. Not bad for a kid from Los Angeles coming to Utah to play football. I just don’t know if he has experience play calling a d-fense. Scalley didn’t, but was also tutored by John Pease for a season, right? Shaw might have to do something similar with K-Whitt were he to “HYPOTHETICALLY” move to DC.

Jay Hill totally turned the Weber State football program around. I wonder if he would be more likely to come to Utah now that he has enjoyed a run with Weber State and allowed the coaches  he brought there to get seasoned and establish themselvees. Right, the reason he didn’t leave before is because he had just arrived at Weber State and all of the coaches he had barely brought there would have been axed had he left? His salary as a DC at Utah would jump from 300k to 800k if he took what Scalley was getting. Perhaps he doesn’t start that high. 

Again, these are hypotheticals. Others would argue to bring in an outsider but I think HISTORY SHOWS THAT WILL LIKELY NOT HAPPEN. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

From what I understand about Sharif, he was the first person in that text thread to use the n-word. So if that’s the case I don’t think he could be promoted for the same thing that Scalley was demoted for.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Welp, you just don’t understand that some people can say that word and others can’t. 🤪

1 4

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

Anyone remember a show called Boston Public?   Show about an inner city school that aired perhaps 10-15 years ago on Fox.

There was an episode where 2 students who were close friends were talking and the white student referred to the African American using that certain word, (in a friendly manner) without any hostility or disrepect intended (they were close enough with each other to be comfortable using that term) and another African American overheard it, took great offense, and it started an altercation.  It was noted by some of the bystanders that many of the African American students in the school used that word in reference to each other on a regular basis.  Episode took a look at who should or shouldn’t be using that word. 

Doesn’t matter how someone who isn’t African American uses that word or in what context.  It will make many feel uncomfortable and offended and it simply is a word we (whites) shouldn’t ever use.

9 3

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

Then blacks shouldn’t either. I’m sick of double standards.

utefansince79
              Ute Fan
              @utefansince79

Perhaps African Americans should call each other out on it then.  If one of my white co-workers or acquaintances used that word, I would tell them it’s not appropriate. 

Central Coast Ute
                Ute Fan
                @flip2848

There are a few African Americans that do call them out on it. They then get thrown under the bus. Unfortunately, those who do call them out are all getting older and will soon be gone.

4 10

User Suspended
          @a2ute

You don’t understand… my guess you’re momon, rural and have zero interaction with the black community.

But consume fox  and brightbart….and whatever far-right website.

As white people, we need to step up.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Regarding Jay Hill, I seem to remember hearing that he doesnt want to leave Weber for a coordinator position. He wants to be the head man for whatever program he goes to.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Right, but look at Utah, soon to be outgoing coach and you might D coordinate for a few years and be the only guy on staff with successful HC experience

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Whitt will likely promote Fred to DC. Please Harlan, it’s time to move on from this entire staff.

Bring Urban back.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Contracts, hypothetical situations, and Scalley