Cotton bowl

Viewing 3 reply threads

DrahtUte
      Ute Fan
      @drahtute

Watching this game I’m thinking tOSU’s offense looks just as bad as ours. Not sure what string the QB is that they’re playing but he doesn’t look much different than Barnes.

Starting to feel a little better about my Utes.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

Was thinking the same. I think Devin Brown was the backup and he went down. So it’s 3rd string QB in.

Kind of funny and certainly familiar watching Missouri stack the box knowing tOSU is going to run it and not have much of a passing threat.

6 3

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

What!?!? A team on their third/fourth string QB struggles!?!?

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Exactly. The Cotton Bowl shows us what happens to a top 10 team than goes deep into the QB room for a starter and sends a couple of players to the NFL draft before the bowl game. Imagine what Ohio State looks like if you add Utah level injuries.

Missouri had an awesome WR, Luther Burden III. I wondered if he could be any relation to Luther “Ticky” Burden who was a very good shooting guard for Utah back in the 70s?

8 4

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Another example of how all the “Fire Ludwig”people are nuts. Dude should get a raise after last year.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

Florida State also struggles just going 1 notch down the QB picking order. Complement it with a couple of other missing pieces on the team and a top 10 team looks like outside the top 40. Many don’t understand how hard it is to loose several key players and maintain expected outcomes.

5 5

ORute
        Ute Fan
        @grute

Except that BB wasn’t our 3rd/4th string, he was our 1st string…

1 1

Charlie Foxtrot
          Ute Fan
          @charliefoxtrot

Exactly. tOSU had offensive problems with the 2nd string QB who got injured in the second quarter and then the 3rd string freshman with zero experience. Barnes played in and started a majority of our games this year. Our offense looked just as pathetic in the bowl game as it did against Florida in game 1.

3 1

Yergensen
            Ute Fan
            @yergensen

You guys are seeing the light. If healthy, Rose wasn’t going to be QB2. Barnes was Whit’s QB2 all along, Whit’s contingency plan for Rising.

Turns out Whit overestimated Barnes’ ability and potential. And by no means did Whit and Lud make QB lemonade out of an unfair and uncontrollable set of lemons. They made the lemons.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

With that Rose Bowl that set records for offense to now with each in their bowl games with a combined 10 points.

LOL.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.