Craig Smith’s man crush and a few questions.

Viewing 6 reply threads

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Look at the picture below and know that Wilguens Exacte as a 6’6” wing weighs more than Keba Keita by 5 lbs. If Exacte comes back and Devion Smith gets cleared this team takes a step up in athleticism and skill.

So those are my questions. Does anyone know when Exacte will be back, and is the appeal likely or unlikely for Smith? If it has a chance, when will we hear?

LetItRide
      Ute Fan
      @letitride

Karl Malone

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

From an interview of Coach Smith I heard last week, he is progressing and they are hopeful to get him back very soon.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

He can’t be worse than Erickson

Minnesota Ute
          Ute Fan
          @minnesotaute

I’m not a huge Hunter fan boy, but I believe myself to be a very objective fan when it comes to bball players, and IMO Exacte lacks something. I figured he was just not playing because Erickson was providing more to the team than he would. If he does come back, and replace Erickson, I can almost promise you this. Their turnovers will be almost exactly the same per minute, but Erickson will have more points, more assists, and almost as many rebounds per minute. Now he may have developed from last year, but I don’t really think its a development thing. As usual, I’d love to be proven wrong, but his line last year was not good.

22-23 Exacte 12min @3.6pts, 1.3 Reb, .7 asst; .2 stl; .9 TO 33% FG and 34% 3pt
          23-24 Erickson 23 min, @5.6pts; 1.4 Reb, 3.6 asst, .4 Stl; 2.2 TO; 50% fg; 27% 3pt

I’ll take the 3.6 assts (vs 1.4 adj for min) and 50% from floor with the hope as he gets experience, his turnovers will lessen which Exacte’s never did last year. Granted competition will get better as the season goes on, so his numbers may change, but still, I think he’s a player that can give us some good minutes.

That said, we need Deivon to get eligible, I think he’ll run circles around both.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

It will be huge for Utah if he can shoot the three at 35% or better, play some defense, and get 20 minutes per night.

CoyoteUte
      Ute Fan
      @coyoteute

I love our front court, and feel it can take us places in terms of rebounds, field goal percentage, etc. We can make the tourney if the backcourt can stay healthy and show progression as we go. I’m a believer in Uncle Fester.

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

Devion’s waiver was denied. The Utes have appealed that decision. I would expect that the final appeal will also be denied as that is the way such rulings have gone for basketball players this year. Second transfers without graduation certificates aren’t getting approved.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

Keba was awesome. It was fun watching him play with passion. We are a much better team with him in the game.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Saw on Twitter that Keba has a PER of 40.2. That would be 2nd-highest in the nation except that he hasn’t played enough minutes to get an official rating.

Free Keita!

Redblood
        Ute Fan
        @redblood

If he stays out of foul trouble he will be free!!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Craig Smith’s man crush and a few questions.